DTS-MA not working after new install - Win 8.1
Hi guys.

Anyone updatet to Windows 8.1?

After I did, the DTS-MA playback is really laggy!
Running an Intel NUC i5 using Intel HD Graphics 4000- Worked before Sad

Just installed my new 55" TV - and now the sound is missing Sad
What are you connecting to? Your TV is most unlikely to support DTS-MA.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's all connected as before - except, The TV is now using the Audio Return Channel (Before the sound was using an optical cable - and no issues with DTS-HD MA)

The NUC is connected to the Receiver, and from the receiver to TV......

I really cant see what the issue should be! Everything is the same, except for a new TV and Windows 8.1!
The problem could well be the ARC.

Could you post a log_file (wiki)
Debug log (wiki) and screenshot of audio settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Back!
Debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80233

Sound settings is WASAPI: HDMI -TX-NR609 (Receiver)
Passthrough: WASAPI TX-NR609
(Other sound setting is Directsound through HDMI, Receiver.
As suspected, your HDMI connection to the AVR says it does not support DTS-HD.

1st check you have the Intel Management Engine driver is installed, for instructions see http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...hics%20FAQ

If still no different then try turning off ARC on the AVR.
Quick reply Smile Where do I buy you beerHuh Smile

Well, just been googling a bit and it seems pretty general that the ARC does NOT support DTS-HD Master!

So, before I was using a Toslink cable from the TV to the receiver - thats the only solution, right?
A toslink cable will not carry DTS-HD
(2013-11-05, 21:48)micjensen Wrote: Quick reply Smile Where do I buy you beerHuh Smile

Well, just been googling a bit and it seems pretty general that the ARC does NOT support DTS-HD Master!

So, before I was using a Toslink cable from the TV to the receiver - thats the only solution, right?

Going from the log you've got the NUC connected direct to the AVR for audio from xbmc, thus want you're wanting is to also use the AVR for audio from the TV when watching stuff from the TV's tuner. If so then yes it's probably best to connect by optical from TV to AVR, and then disable ARC on the AVR, you should then get DTS-HD back for audio from XBMC.
Just briefly tried to disable arc. I noticed that in the sound device manager in windows, supported formats only shows dts and dolby digital.... I think its a driver issue for windows 8.1.....
i recall installing something in windows 7, or the dts hd master wasn't display in the sound device manager
That would probably be the Intel Management Engine driver that I referenced earlier as that controls PAP for HD audio.
Solved!!!!!!!!
An update for the NUC graphics driver did the trick.
Just released- tested in XBMC DTS-HD MASTER running flawlessSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-MA not working after new install - Win 8.10