Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - No graphic user interface
Hi Jonny109

Do you have a sm-t210 or sm-t210r?
I have the sm-t210r
Interesting...

The SM-T210 uses the Vivante GC1000 GPU, which is confirmed using the Android Hardware Info App, screenshot: http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae14/...fa15fc.png

Is there any chance you could confirm which GPU your SM-T210R is running.
jonny109,
That is the same firmware I used when mine stopped working. Going back to the stock US Cellular South firmware fixed it for me though.

sossy, I can confirm that the sm-t210r also uses the Vivante GC1000 per hardware id app, so I am fairly confident that there has to be an issue with certain versions of the firmware, something like a bad GPU driver, as the hardware appears to be the same. Did you ever try going back to stock firmware? If so, what were the results and which region did you use? After reading closer, it appears that the prerooted firmware was made from a UK version of the firmware, hence the reason my previously working device had stopped functioning properly. I wonder what other apps might be affected? I am still interested in knowing what regions other people are having problems with.
I just flashed back to stock firmware and its working again.
http://www.samsungis.com/Firmwares/SM-T210R.html
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi (USA) SM-T210R XAC T210RUEAMK1 4.1.2 07.11.2013 1304745 Download
Hi,

I have re-flashed the stock firmware (for Australia), and the issue is still there. Just to clarify, I have always been running stock firmware, I just used the Kingo method to get root access.

I'm pretty convinced now, that the GPU driver for the t210 is faulty, however the GPU driver for the t210r seems to be working.

I would like to try flashing a t210r based ROM to my t210. Does anyone know if any of this will cause an issue. From what I can find out, the only difference between the two is that the t210r has infrared.

However, as my unit is only brand new, and I would like to stay married, I am only willing to try it, if someone else can confirm they have flashed a t210r based ROM onto the t210 successfully

Glen
Update:

I have finally got XBMC working great on this tablet, thanks to the developer of the Rockettab ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2507772

Not only is this a compact and speedy ROm for the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, but it is well supported.

To get XBMC running, I installed Rockettab 3.0 as per the instructions, then applied the MOD found at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...tcount=702

I understand Rockettab 3.1 will include this MOD as standard. From what I can gather, the MOD replaces the standard T210 graphics drivers with T210R drivers.

Hope this helps someone else.

PS. it took me some time to build up the courage to install this ROM (as it voids your warranty), but it was so easy, and there is no way I would go back to stock now. It removes all the Samsung bloatware, although you have the option to also install all or some of the Samsung apps if you so desire

Sossy
sossy,
Glad to hear that everything worked out! Hopefully someday Samsung will fix the issue themselves so others won't have to void their warranty just to fix a problem they easily could have, but at least you found a great alternative.
(2014-01-26, 18:26)CastNoShadow Wrote: sossy,
Glad to hear that everything worked out! Hopefully someday Samsung will fix the issue themselves so others won't have to void their warranty just to fix a problem they easily could have, but at least you found a great alternative.

The fix was to get XBMC working again for people that had already voided their warranty and loaded a custom ROM. I fixed mine by reverting to stock ROM but I've since loaded rocket tab v3.0 with the fixes and can confirm that XBMC and IR is working with my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Ho i had same issues i had no root. All i did was unistall and go to settings... I went to devolper options and ticked allow gpu rendering. Installed xbmc and was then working fine i have no root and use the 7 inch..... Xbmc working great
(2014-02-04, 15:04)darren180913 Wrote: Ho i had same issues i had no root. All i did was unistall and go to settings... I went to devolper options and ticked allow gpu rendering. Installed xbmc and was then working fine i have no root and use the 7 inch..... Xbmc working great

I think the issue is xbmc not working after rooting or installing custom kernel. Xbmc worked fine for me with stock rom.
Some news with this problem? I have the same problem, no images just black screen. I have sm-t211 and i do not have root. Thx
Did anyone ever manage to solve this problem? I would love to know the answer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - No graphic user interface1