• 3(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
(2013-08-23, 06:47)charliebrown Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 19:09)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 18:51)charliebrown Wrote: nice to see a ouya build is happening, am i the only one thats having alot of crashes? ( it goes back to ouya meny )

If you are on ethernet, try wifi. It's a known issue with ouya self.

Hi thx for getting back. I am on ethernet, do you know if this is a hardware thing or can be resolved by future updates of xbmc /or the ouya firmware?

I got a nas and the wifi is not exactly blazing fast on the ouya =)
It's an ouya firmware issue which appeared a couple of updates ago.
They're aware, so we can hope for a fix quite soon.
(2013-08-23, 07:14)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 06:47)charliebrown Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 19:09)Koying Wrote: If you are on ethernet, try wifi. It's a known issue with ouya self.

Hi thx for getting back. I am on ethernet, do you know if this is a hardware thing or can be resolved by future updates of xbmc /or the ouya firmware?

I got a nas and the wifi is not exactly blazing fast on the ouya =)
It's an ouya firmware issue which appeared a couple of updates ago.
They're aware, so we can hope for a fix quite soon.

Great, thank you for clearing that up for me!
I did a speedtest.net test and using wifi I only got .507Mbps but on ethernet I got 22+Mbps. So for me ethernet is better.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-08-23, 07:37)lartomar2002 Wrote: I did a speedtest.net test and using wifi I only got .507Mbps but on ethernet I got 22+Mbps. So for me ethernet is better.
No question that ethernet is fundamentally better (although 0.5Mbps seems low, I can stream 1080p in wifi from my nas w/o problems).

Fact is, at times, for some, ethernet just freezes with the current ouya firmware, leading to xbmc itself freezing and being killed by the system.
(2013-08-23, 07:45)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 07:37)lartomar2002 Wrote: I did a speedtest.net test and using wifi I only got .507Mbps but on ethernet I got 22+Mbps. So for me ethernet is better.
No question that ethernet is fundamentally better (although 0.5Mbps seems low, I can stream 1080p in wifi from my nas w/o problems).

Fact is, at times, for some, ethernet just freezes with the current ouya firmware, leading to xbmc itself freezing and being killed by the system.

it kinda sucks, and is a letdown. hopefully they will get a fix out soon, but if the past has tought us anything with ouya its dont expect too much, they are really slow with fixing stuff, even uncaring at alot of cases. Confused
(2013-08-23, 08:06)charliebrown Wrote:

it kinda sucks, and is a letdown. hopefully they will get a fix out soon, but if the past has tought us anything with ouya its dont expect too much, they are really slow with fixing stuff, even uncaring at alot of cases. Confused
Well, imo, 3 months of history is not enough to judge Wink
Past the Xmas season, after things are a bit settled, it will be probably clearer.

I am starting to think its my router. It's a Netgear WDNR3700v4, it is only 6 mos. old. But, it seems that when I reboot it streaming gets better but I am having to reboot it every other day. It was suggested I try install a 3rd part software on it, Tomato and I can't remember at the moment what the other one was. I looked at them but since my router is still under warrant I do not want to chance bricking it. On top of all of this I am working will new basically untested console and working with XBMC for the first time, I am not sure as to which is at fault sometimes.
Another question I have concerns real debrid. When installing a addon I am not sure which it is I get a popup telling me I should set the resolver to 105 but everything else I have read says 95. Anyone know the correct on?
(2013-08-23, 08:36)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 08:06)charliebrown Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 07:45)Koying Wrote: No question that ethernet is fundamentally better (although 0.5Mbps seems low, I can stream 1080p in wifi from my nas w/o problems).

Well, imo, 3 months of history is not enough to judge Wink
Past the Xmas season, after things are a bit settled, it will be probably clearer.

Time will tell =)

I like the progress you made with the android platform with libstagefright and everything, its an exiting future ahead! Much kudos to you!
(2013-08-22, 11:39)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 00:36)ozzman39 Wrote: can i move my userdata into this version from the sideloaded version? i dont wanna have to rescan and also i noticed its significantly smaller then the one i sideloaded
You have to:
- launch at least once the OUYA version, then exit.
- copy the content of "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/" to "/sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/"

No guarantee, though, as they are different versions, but harmless to try. If it doesn't work, just delete "/sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/" to start anew.

I happen to have done just this last night, seemed to have messed up a couple of things. For one (quite an important one), it messed up the way XBMC responded to the controller (had to type by touchpad). So you might want to copy only the files you really need. I ended up only copying advancedsettings.xml and *something*source.xml.
(2013-08-22, 19:41)kees667 Wrote: Ouya store build: If display mode is set to windowed I get a screen that only fills a quarter of my tv, and I can't go back. Was trying to switch to full screen.

Am trying to uninstall but the icon somehow still says "installing".

Update: after turning ouya fully off, uninstalling and reinstalling image is back to normal.
Lol. I should disable those options Wink
What do you mean by "Was trying to switch to full screen"?
(2013-08-22, 20:10)backlund Wrote: Just curious, but is the AC3/DTS passthrough issue something that XBMC needs to fix, or is it an Ouya issue? The workaround of turning my receiver off / on during playback still works, but obviously that's a PITA. Thanks!

Does this build help with the hdmi handshake problem ?
Thanks , I can finally enter text without that terrible controller trackpad.
(2013-08-23, 21:24)sarlan19 Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 20:10)backlund Wrote: Just curious, but is the AC3/DTS passthrough issue something that XBMC needs to fix, or is it an Ouya issue? The workaround of turning my receiver off / on during playback still works, but obviously that's a PITA. Thanks!

Does this build help with the hdmi handshake problem ?

Uh, no! Maybe one of these days. I.m sure its on Ouya's list. It's getting close to the holiday shopping time and I'm sure Ouya wants to turn around some of the reviews they've been getting before then. But, I have found that turning my receiver off then back on generally fixes it or sometimes by switching sources and then back works.
I know this isn't an official support thread but wanted to see if anyone else is having the same experience.

I was trying this last night and it kept force closing anytime I would try to do about anything. I keep getting the typical android warning "this app is not responding" and I have to force close it. I would reload the app and then work for about 5 minutes setting up things in the menus and then it would lock up again. It even locked up about 30 percent into downloading a new skin. I don't have this same problem with alpha 6.
is there anyway we could get an option to turn ouya off when exiting xbmc?

Now theres a exit option when pressing the power button in conflence, is there any way to get an power off option there aswell to choose from?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4