Solved W8.1 Full Screen Issue (2nd monitor)
Hello all! I'm reporting a problem regarding numerous versions of XBMC (12.2 & recent monthly build of 13.0) and the new Windows 8.1 eval. copy, build 9431 from the Store. I use XBMC on a daily basis and I haven't had a single problem until upgrading to W8.1 yesterday. I have a Lenovo U410 laptop that I use as my primary screen, and a Samsung TV as my external display. The TV is 'extended' off my primary desktop.

Anywho I full screen XBMC on my TV and it's usually fine, but now the resolution proportions are all kinds of messed up. The resolution of XBMC on my external is SO BIG it will leak over to my primary laptop screen and will project on there as well. If I mess with the video settings inside of XBMC, the window eventually fits fine however a third of my laptop's screen has a black bar across it courtesy of XBMC (the same space the XBMC's oversized full screen window takes up)...if I try to click on a window behind the black bar, it minimizes XBMC altogether.

I've tried doing the video calibration techniques in the settings but that hasn't worked, and neither has changing resolutions on both XBMC's settings and the PC's graphic settings.

It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone has any insight on this.
Same symptoms here. If I go to settings-->system and uncheck blank other screen hit backslash to go to windowed mode then again to go back full screen the video plays fine.
Bump. Still having the problem, but somehow I can keep XBMC full screened on the external, but not the top window. It didn't allow that before.

The obnoxious "leak" of the XBMC window is still present on my primary laptop screen, however...

*If I change the resolution of XBMC on my external to like 1280x800 (which is much lower than my 1080p Tv/monitor...everything fits)

So I guess this is resolved. I hope this helps someone who was having a similar issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
W8.1 Full Screen Issue (2nd monitor)0