[REQUEST] Pandora Radio script or plugin addon for XBMC?
@spbogie: Is there anything I can do to help? I'm a professional developer/DBA, but I don't know much about Python. Looks easy enough to learn. I just converted from a WDTV Live to XBMC on an Atom 330 Nettop and love it. Just miss my Pandora Sad. Let me know if I can help.
Quick update since a month of forum data was lost Rolleyes

I have the communication with Pandora, and retrieving the song URLs figured out.

I tried implementing it as a plugin, but certain conflicts between the way xbmc and Pandora handle music meant this wouldn't work. Two issues in particular:
1) Pandora presents songs in blocks of 4, after which a request must be sent back to the server to get another block.
2) The song URLs provided by Pandora do not include a file extension, and the mime type is given as "application/octet-stream". XBMC's default music player (PAPLAYER) requires either a valid file extension or mime type to determine which codec to use for playback, and thus does not know how to play the songs from Pandora. Forcing MPLAYER works, but can only be done at the time the song is played.

These two issues (and a few others) necessitate the use of a persistent script in some manner. I played with the possibility of using both a plugin and script, with the script only handling playback, but I feel this leads to an overcomplicated design with issues maintaining the inter-process communication required.

I am now working on a script only implementation using WindowXML to present a custom interface. There's a bit of a learning curve here but I'm getting it.

I'd like to thank everyone who has offered to help. There are a few more things I would like to try myself (it's become a bit of a personal challenge now Wink), but I know your all excited to have Pandora in xbmc, and if I don't make any progress soon I will definitely release what I have so far for those who wish to help make this a reality.

P.S. If anyone has any good reference material on working with WindowXML I would greatly appreciate it.
Please keep up the good work, I love Pandora.

Also, please consider adding proxy support. I live in South Africa so have to use an SSH tunnel to a server I have in the US to listen to Pandora. Huge mission, but worth it.
For the benefit of anyone who may have subscribed to this thread.
Beta release (limited functionality) out: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70471
Awesome, thanks - had subscribed and would probably not have seen that otherwise.
I have a couple old XBOX's laying around and thought I could use one in my shop to stream audio and video from my network here in the house.

I was curious if there ever was a working platform running Pandora script for the XBOX with XBMC 9.0.4?
Is anyone working to replicate boxees successful Pandora app?
Probably someone working on a add-on...
Probably depends on a lot of things. Don't count on it.
It's a lot of 'probablys', already... Smile)

It's FOSS!
There is already a script out that plays Pandora in XBMC. Works relatively well. Search the forums for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Pandora Radio script or plugin addon for XBMC?1