Intel NUC Celeron 847 10bit anime Hi10p
Wow Hi10P is an Ai that can articulate itself, very impressive
(2013-08-25, 21:57)MediaPi Wrote: Wow Hi10P is an Ai that can articulate itself, very impressive

You asked what the benefits of Hi10p were. So I googled it and posted it. Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

sorry jammyb I was just messing you wrote "Hi10p" wrote. I atually found the information very informative and learnt something, does seem like a good format thanks

Wheres Ned Scott? does Hi10p get the offical thumbs up for the NUC celeron?

jammyb read my post on the NUC varient x-26
MediaPi, that file is not SD, it's HD (720p 4:3). There's no higher resolution for that series...

Do you think size is low? It's a 750MB file for a 25 minute episode... Smile Remembers that it's not a movie, it's just an episode from an old anime series (1988) that has been edited in Bluray recently, in a 960x720 resolution, mantaining it's 4:3 original form factor.

Also, the first video, that one you commented in youtube, is in FullHD 1920x1080, a near 7GB file (remember that anime always take less space after encoding, a lot less colour information to code compared to real-life image).

Being an "easy challenge"... well, Hi10p isn't a easy challenge for any media player. Altought in a lower resolution than 1920x1080, Hi10p decoding requires a lot of CPU power, and the fact is that until a bunch of days ago, we all where thinking that the 847 NUC couldn't do Hi10p decoding... but we were all wrong Smile
It can't do it without multi-core playback, which is only in certain builds (like OpenELEC and nightly builds), and it's very close to maxing out in some of those examples.

I just wouldn't call it a guarantee that it can do Hi10P playback. It would really suck for someone to buy a NUC based on this advice and find out that it can't quite do it.
In this advice clearly says "drop frames at around 18Mbps" in Hi10p. If someone buy a 847 NUC for Hi10p anime based on this thread, he would know what to expect. Nice Hi10p decode on anime that doesn't go over 17-18Mbps. So it means, flawless playing in near 100% of HDTV ripped anime and only maxing out on big BDRip with high bitrates.

I just bought my 847 last week thinking that it wouldn't play my anime collection... if I had the chance of reading a thread like this, I would bought the NUC without doubts Smile
I agree with PsychoRS, before he posted the video and this thread the consensus and belief was that the NUC celeron can't play Hi10p. Now it shows that it can play ""100% of HDTV ripped anime and only maxing out on big BDRip with high bitrates." Either way you look at it, its a bonus that it can play majority of hi10p so its a bonus not a weakness
Fair enough :)
NUC (wiki) page updated to say that it is a safe recommendation for most anime releases.
Do we know if the 2nd Gen NUC Celeron (the one that can hit 2.4Ghz) has the same structure that limits 10bit encodes?
PsychosRS, have you tried hi10p 1080p w/ FLAC? to be specific since it has not yet been licensed in the US, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 series.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC Celeron 847 10bit anime Hi10p0