TXT and NFO (plain TEXT) reader/editor
i think it would be nice to have a text editor for editing your config files using your usb keyboard. any thoughts?
first thought (when i saw the topic) u wanna edit files using a virtual keyboard? Image

second thought, not many has usb keyboards connected to their xbox, thus this is a fr with very limited usage to most people.
this in turn makes it highly unlikely it will happen, unless someone who happens to own said usb keyboard programs it for his/her own need Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

not really something for xbmc i think - you'd probably be better off finding someone to code it as a stand alone app.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i rather see an option to browse smb network and from there select to create a new share, or xbmsp ccxxstream server auto-detect
i can't believe anybody would prefer to ftp in and out every time you want to make a small change as opposed to spending a fwe dollars for an adapter to plug up the keyboard. but hey, i guess you could say i'm a "tinkerer" and most of you guys probably don't fiddle with your settins on a daily basis as do i.
more detailed configuration of all xml's via the webserver http interface would be nice to see too, good alternative
i would like some kind of seperate xml for all the shares for music/video/files, which you can edit/upload and refresh, so you dont have to reload xbmc to add some new shares.
maybe you could edit those within the webserver as well
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
there is an app out called xpad... with that you can make changes in yor .xml files...

you have to open up default.xbe in a hex editor and replace one file typ with *.xml (i replaced *.log with *.xml). i tried change the source but i got an error when trying to open it up in visual studio.net, so i did like above instead...
there is also a text editor built into the new version of unleashx dashboard.
(fluffster @ feb. 28 2004,22:27 Wrote:there is also a text editor built into the new version of unleashx dashboard.
i switched to unleashex dash yesterday and the text editor works great!

its a good/fun dash also...
is it already here and i dont see it? coming? if not,...take this as a suggestion.
its already in there and have been for a long time...
as usual confusion is total.

@Dooser, would help if you explain exactly what kind of support you want.

@ktd, would help if if you told dooser what kind of support is already in xbmc.

@ both of you. xbmc only uses .nfo files to retrieve imdb url's.

i was talking full support. ie: being able to open the file and read it as normal.
(pike @ mar. 05 2004,09:46 Wrote:@ktd, would help if if you told dooser what kind of support is already in xbmc.
@ both of you. xbmc only uses .nfo files to retrieve imdb url's.
just double checked with frodo and fyi retrieving imdb url's from .nfo isn't supported either (that was however supported in xbmp)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TXT and NFO (plain TEXT) reader/editor0