TXT and NFO (plain TEXT) reader/editor
no context menus are only populated from code.

as for a notepad in xbmc, here's my opinion:

why would i want to fiddle with the remote / the virtual keyboard when i got this perfectly suited machine (it's called a pc) ?
is there a plugin to allow xbmc to read nfo files and txt files? or is it already in xbmc and im missing how to do it?
No there isn't might be a pythonscript.

A simple textviewer is no pain to do, but ascii display can be a bit harder (like to display ascii-art nicely)
For now I recommend using the text editor in UnleashX. I find it pretty nifty.
why switch away from xbmc.. Rolleyes

Better to have a script that displays textfiles.. will make a simple one and post to xbmcscripts.com Nod
now there is a simple (and i mean simple) textviewer on xbmcscripts.com
Hi everyone!

When I'm browsing through my Xbox HD I always see some readme.txt's and other textfiles. So it would be great to read them directly on my Xbox. Even UnleashX has a texteditor. If you download a new UnleashX release with UnleashX's auto-updater you can read the changelog directly on your Xbox.

It would be great to see a text-editor in XBMC. I guess for most users here it would be enough to just read files. It would be great to see this one time in XBMC.

//Sorry, for my broken English...Eek
Already exists Wink

Click
Like the one UnleashX has... not a script.
What for?
The only place I can see it sort of useful is in the "file manager" but even then its probably not worth the time and effort.

In anycase, it has been requested before so perhaps you should use a search next time.
I must say that this is very needed feature and the most needed assosiation for rtf & txt would be under filemanager. I vote for yes.
I can almost guarantee that none of the current developers are interested in such a thing. Your best bet is coding it up yourself, or finding someone from outside the project that is interested in such a feature.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TXT and NFO (plain TEXT) reader/editor0