New to XBMC and HTPC
I want to build an HTPC that will run Windows with XBMC. I want to be able to stream 1080P HD video as well as listen to music and play video games. Most games will be older console games such as Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 but I would also like to be able to play newer games such as Wii using the dolphin emulator and PC games such as Madden and Assassin's Creed. I would like to spend a maximum of $300. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Unless you have a free license of Windows and a few other things on hand (like a hard drive) I think you are going to be in trouble unless you change your requirements.

Probably want at least an i3-3225 based HTPC for gaming. The processor alone is over $120.
I forgot to mention I already have Windows and an old macbook pro 250gb 2.5" internal hdd
I was thinking about going with the i3-3245 processor. What motherboard should I buy with this and what other parts do I need?
I think you'll get mixed results with that CPU and Wii emulation, but it is more than enough to emulate the other systems you listed.

If you have a a HDD you'll need ram (at least 4gb for windows), PSU (probably around 150w for that CPU) and a case. Also that HDD you have could be slow because its a laptop hdd and will make windows feel really slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC and HTPC0