NUC price trend for i3
Interesting NUC trend for current i3 on amazon.com

Seems like they will discountiue this model and wanting to get rid of the stock

also another interesting fact is that this NUC costs $249.99
but the same NUC in Britain (amazon.co.uk) costs £247.99 thats $386.19 (64% more)LOL
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-DC3217IYE-...ywords=nuc
And in NZ is $460 when our dollar buys about 80c US. Pisses me off!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OUCH in terms of technology prices I woudn't want to live in NZ but gosh I'll sacrifice the technology to live in NZ. Still thats absolutely ridulous, you might as well get a plane ticket and hed over to the states have a holiday, buy the NUC and hed back with some change
Actually i'd probably be better going to Singapore/HK/Mainland China. Funny cos it's all made in asia and we are as close to asia as the US is.

And yes NZ is a great place to live, even though we just legalised Prism style spying on our own citizens.

Rant over...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Economy of scale I suppose with the US - we import almost EVERYTHING and can make nothing for ourselves. Pretty big deal when you have a nation of 300 million :/.

I noticed that about the price of the BY, it has been steadily dropping. But the IYE has has not followed. I was tempted to get the BY when I bought my NUC but couldnt live without the built in Ethernet.
Even within the EU the price differs among states. And thumb of rule for US brands (but Asian production) is $=€ while 1€ buys 1,35$.

Thats why I prefer Aliexpress nowadays. Even cross the EU, suppliers check your IP to maintain price differences between EU-states.
It's getting discontinued as new Haswell i3 and i5 models come.

I don't think the Celeron is getting a refresh.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-08-25, 03:29)aesalazar Wrote: Economy of scale I suppose with the US - we import almost EVERYTHING and can make nothing for ourselves. Pretty big deal when you have a nation of 300 million :/.

I noticed that about the price of the BY, it has been steadily dropping. But the IYE has has not followed. I was tempted to get the BY when I bought my NUC but couldnt live without the built in Ethernet.

EU is a larger market and mostly 30-40% more expensive in electronics (like the US those products are imported too from Asia).

So there goes the argument of scale.. It's about stupid consumers and greedy companies.
(2013-08-25, 09:43)Robotica Wrote: EU is a larger market and mostly 30-40% more expensive in electronics (like the US those products are imported too from Asia).

So there goes the argument of scale.. It's about stupid consumers and greedy companies.

True but the EU is made up of countries and not states so the buying power is very different. States in the US while having their own budgets and taxes still roll up to a single national economy and shipping across boarders is no big deal. Not saying your wrong, just that it is probably a little of both going on.

I am surprised we still haven't heard more about the new NUC being that we are so close to the supposed launch date. Hope it doesn't mean delays for you guys holding out :o

Ernie
The prices we see on US web sites don't include sales tax (VAT) as far as I'm aware. In many EU countries the VAT rate is ~15-20%, and will be included in prices on EU web sites. That doesn't go all the way to explain the difference, but should be borne in mind when making comparisons.

If you were to buy stuff from the US and import into an EU country you'd still have to pay local VAT (which is 20% in the UK), if you want to do things properly at least.
Also that price mentioned from amazon uk is from a third party seller not amazon themselves.

In germany it's $313

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Offe...intel.html
In NZ when we import something no GST (VAT) is added unless the cost of the goods plus shipping is over $400.00
Thats nothing everything above £15 gets charged VAT @20% then if the cost is above £135 we get charged import Duty. So buying something like this would easily reach 25-35% extra, or something like that. I guess the prices come more in line then nickr. Maybe thats the reason you get charged more in your country because of less restrictions on importing?

evrything has a plus and negative

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC price trend for i30