XBMCbuntu does not see 2nd HDD
Just did a fresh install of XBMCbuntu onto a SSD and it works great but when I added the second drive (with all of my movies, etc on it) I can't seem to find it when I browse for a source.....I'm sure it's something easy, I just don't know what to try.....

The list of options for browsing does not show the 2nd drive......
Did you mount the drive in the OS?
Well it didn't ask to mount....and I can't seem to figure out how to get to a shell or someplace where I can add it

When I installed, I just had the SSD drive and the flash drive where I installed XBMC from....I added the data drive after it all was installed.....did I miss a step?
Exit XBMC and, on the log-in prompt, select session type as "XBMCbuntu" instead of "XBMC" and you will be presented with the desktop where you can perform OS functions.
Or ssh in from another computer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks! I'll give that a shot....
Ok so I logged into the XBMCbuntu side and can see the data drive just fine....why wouldn't XBMC see it?
What's it mounted under (i.e., path)?
Just checked again and its there! Thanks guys!
Great, glad you got it sorted!
Well, I THOUGHT I had it sorted.....
I rebooted this morning and the drive hadn't mounted....so I exited XBMC and open up the drive....then re-opened XBMC and it was there again......
Any ideas?
Have you put an entry for it in /etc/fstab?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No....and forgive me....bit of a newb.....how do I do that?
This will probably explain it better than me:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/38125/htg...s-it-work/
I have been trying to get this figured out and can't quite seem to make it work.....

I am close but I just need to get it to auto-mount the 2nd HDD.....can anyone help me with the syntax?

I assume I do:
sudo nano -Bw /etc/fstab

The 2nd drive has a UUID of this: 24347c3c-1097-407f-95e2-cac48a5e65bd and I believe it is ext4......it is listed as /dev/sda and the part with the data I want to share is /dev/sda1

Just can't seem to get the syntax right! tried:
UUID=24347c3c-1097-407f-95e2-cac48a5e65bd /mnt/data ext4 auto,user,rw 0 2
but hat didnt work
also tried:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/data ext4 auto,user,rw 0 2
but that didnt work either......not sure how the syntax should be written....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu does not see 2nd HDD0