Help with stuttering playback.
Hi there

I have a pi model bi and have been trying to get smooth video playback but i'm getting dropped frames/stuttering on many 720p files.
Things ive tried to no avail:-
Openelec and Raspbmc
USB install rather than SD
3 different speeds of SD card
Overclocking the pi to 950mhz
Every setting imaginable in video/audio settings
This happens wether streaming via SMB shares over the network or locally via USB stick - its driving me crazy!!
The same video file plays flawlessly on my old acryan hd mini and on vlc on my pc.
Any advice appreciated before I resign my pi to ebayHuh
Regards
Post MediaInfo details for the media that stutters. A debug log (wiki) wouldn't hurt either.

If the media has a TrueHD audio stream - even if it isn't selected - that can cause significant stuttering but that particular bug was fixed in the last couple of days so isn't yet in currently available builds (although rbej may include it in his very latest OpenELEC builds, you should confirm that for yourself).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry for being a noob but how do I post a debug log?

In MediaInfo, it's normally preferable to select "View -> Text" then Select All, Copy, then go to pastebin.com in your browser and paste the information into the page. Finally, post a link to your pastebin page in this thread.

For debug log, click the debug log (wiki) link and read the wiki.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
1080 xvid? I don't think the Pi hardware decodes xvid.
(2013-08-28, 12:30)Ned Scott Wrote: 1080 xvid? I don't think the Pi hardware decodes xvid.

xvid is MPEG 4 compliant which is hardware accelerated and should play okay.
Ah, good to know!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with stuttering playback.0