Database looses files from connected usb hdd
Hi!

I hope people don't ask this twice a day...

I'm using openelec 3.1.6 on an Intel Nuc i3 (FW 40). I use the newest Aeon Nox.

Every now and then the database looses the link to files - but only to files on the usb hdd. There's no problem with my files on my Dreambox STB (two hdds), that are connected via wired samba ftp.

I'm really getting annoyed by this issue.

I reflashed openelec several times, changed the usb port. But when I click on the movie poster a window opens that tells me that the file doesn't exist anymore.The hdd works flawlessly, I can play all files via data mode.

I hope someone can help me.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Is the drive one of those annoying ones that goes to sleep?

Don't forget 3.1.6 is experimental, not a release. Maybe this is a developmental breakage.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, not by itself, but I set the the sleep option in Openelec to 5 minutes. Could that be the reasonHuh So, your hdds are always onHuh?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
All my data is in a server, not on a drive attached to the XBMC machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, thanks for your answer. I think you might be right! In most cases a reboot solves my problem. I deactivated the hdd sleep option. My NUC is in standby most of the time, anyway, so my hdd should be ok.
(2013-08-25, 22:43)micoba Wrote: Every now and then the database looses the link to files - but only to files on the usb hdd.

Do the files only disappear in the library or do they also disappear when using the Videos > Files view? Do all the files on the drive disappear or only some of them? If the entire USB drive disappears (in both library and files views) intermittently, maybe you have a loose USB connection? Or maybe the drive needs more power? Does the USB drive have an AC power adapter or does it only get power through the USB cable? If it's the latter, does the USB cable have a second plug on the system attachment end so you plug it into another USB port for more power?
The hdd has it's own AC power adapter and is connected. The hdd never dissappeared, I could watch the movies from video/files - but not from the database.

Although set, every now and then the system seems to forget the "content" setting (e.g. movies) - but again, only regarding the usb hdd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database looses files from connected usb hdd0