Android Pass through on minix neo devices
I have created a hack to get pass through in xbmc, both hdmi and spdif output, working on minix neo devices like X5, X5 mini and X7, link to thread on minixforums.com.
This hack may also work on other RK3066 and RK3188 based devices but i haven't investigated that yet.

My solution to the problem that the android java framework doesn't allow you to pass a flag to activate pass through, is to binary patch the file libmedia.so to activate pass through when the stream type argument to AudioTrack is set to STREAM_VOICE_CALL.
Since this hack is created to use on android based multimedia devices not intended for making telephone calls with, the use of STREAM_VOICE_CALL as pass through flag should not cause to much trouble.
If it does I have thought of using a combination of STREAM_VOICE_CALL and CHANNEL_OUT_5POINT1 since phone calls probably isn't more than stereo, but so far I haven't got any reports of problem caused by this.

The main problem with this hack is that it requires a modified xbmc version, that sets the audio stream type to STREAM_VOICE_CALL instead of STREAM_MUSIC when m_passthrough is true to activate pass through.
I realize that this is not an optimal solution, requiring a binary patched libmedia.so and a wrongful use of arguments to a function, and that this never could be used straight off in the main xbmc build but it's the best I have managed to come up with so far.

What I was hoping for is that this could be implemented as an advanced feature available as an option in advancedsettings.xml I have created all the code necessary for this, and by all I mean the few lines needed, and compiled my version.

So my question is, is there even the slightest possibility for me to get this solution in to the xbmc code?
I've used this patch and can honestly say it's the first time I've ever achieve true pass through on an android device. Setting this as an advance settings option would be ideal, no impact to the regular user.
Sry guys - we are not up to something hacky like this imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
stafstrom - Great work buddy Big Grin

I have a T-R42 (Board B351 V2.0) running lewy's rom (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9...-lewy20041), I used your patched libmedia.so and Gotham alpha11 patched XBMC - Pass-through works like a charm !!!

Really shame though that this fix requires such "heavy" hacking... hope you will stick around to patch future releases of XBMC

Thanks,
Xtrm
Which XBMC version are you using?
Any news for a RK3288 patched Libmedia.so file?
The RK3188 one gives some problems on the RK3288 devices.
Is there anyway to patch it yourself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pass through on minix neo devices0