Problem installing XBMC
Hi,

I am new to the forum and the whole xbmc-thing so: "Hi!"

I have an ATV2 with iOS 5.3 on it. I did the jailbreak with the latest Seas0npass and it worked well. Then I follow the instructions in the Wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#ATV_5.x

I had no problems while doing this and after the "reboot" command the ATV turned off and did the reboot. But while booting up I just saw the apple logo and then nothing except the ATV led blinking all the time.

Thinking I had done something wrong I tried again but to no avail. Same problem.

I really hope you can help me on that one.
You have a tethered boot. It means the ATV2 requires a computer to help it finish booting up. That's why everyone gets so excited when an "untethered" jailbreak gets announced. The Seas0nPass application has an option to boot the ATV2 up while connected to USB.
Hi Ned,

thanks.

Yes, I knew that it was tethered.

But sorry for being dumb but I really dont get what I did wrong from what you're commenting.

I am no native speaker and a newbie to this issue so please excuse.
1. Connect the ATV2 to the computer

2. Open Seas0nPass

3. Click on the "booth tethered" option

4. Disconnect the USB cable, but keep power plugged in on the ATV2

5. Connect HDMI cable if you haven't already done so.

6. It should work now.
You mean these are the steps AFTER installing XBMC as described in your (?) wiki?
Those are steps you have to do because you have a tethered jailbreak. It has nothing to do with XBMC specifically. With a tethered jailbreak, you have to do those steps every time you reboot or lose power on the ATV2.
I understand. As the XBMC has nothing to do with the jailbreak.

The ATV needs the reboot after the installation of XBMC which affords the above mentioned steps to boot the tethered jailbreak again.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate that a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem installing XBMC0