could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p2
Hello,

I have a problem. I bought a raspberry and installed openelec on a sd-card. Everything was running good.

Recently I got bored with confluence '(skin) and tried amber. That's when all the trouble started.

I installed amber added all my videos and got the could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 error. I have since then done a few clean installs and got the same error (after switching to the amber skin).

The first time I downloaded the amberzip file via axbmc thread. The second time I tried script.nox.extras.downloader (although i'm not quite sure I followed the correct steps). I then tried a few installs switching both methods.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem. Thanks in advance

PS i'm using a kingston class 4 4 gb sd card
Amber is widely used by Pi users (myself included) and is generally very stable and fast on the Pi. Unless you downloaded a very early version I do not think it is anything specific to the skin. You could try uploading a debug log per instructions here and see if somebody can spot your problem.
I honestly think though its most likely an SD card issue - you might be just unlucky enough to be getting corruption at the same point in the write cycle - particularly if you have a high overclock on a class 4 card.
Worth trying another SD card if you have one, or better yet a USB stick install per instructions here.
Sounds like a corrupted sd card to me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p20