Solved Can not get synchronized databases to work
I have 2 PI's (Xbian 1.1) and a windows PC all with XBMC 12.2 Frodo on them. I setup the SQL database on the windows PC. Turned off firewall. Wrote the advancedsettings.xml. Copied it to all my userdata folders. Added content to windows PC then exported library so that all thumbs, posters, nfo, would all be there.

When I try to add movies to the PI, i select the source, as the instructions say, use IP not NETBIOS. But when I click OK, choose my scraper and it asks me to I want to refresh my library, I click YES. But then nothing happens. Where as normally, you'd get that status bar in the upper right hand corner showing you what movies its scraping.

Am I doing something wrong? Here is my advancedsettings.xml. Mind you, if I erase the xml from the PI and then try to scrape the movies, it works like it should.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.229</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.229</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
Remove the name tags from advancedsettings, they're not needed unless you want multiple databases then try again. If/when it fails again post a debug log (wiki) offsite and link to it here
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Here is log. I've tried to hosts flush and tried again, nothing changed,

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51711

I can add movies over the network normally, before I tried this sync, so I know the PI and my windows PC are communicating that way at least. Im not quite sure on the PI how I could check and see it it can see the sql db
Did you bother to look at the log at all?? Here's what it says

19:00:25 T:3042344960 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [1129](Host '192.168.2.3' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts')

So go to the server machine and unlock you MySql then try again
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-08-29, 04:06)Dilligaf Wrote: Did you bother to look at the log at all?? Here's what it says

19:00:25 T:3042344960 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [1129](Host '192.168.2.3' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts')

I said in previous post, i read the log and tried that on the server. Nothing changed.
Still don't see that post but anyways you'll need to put the path in with that command, something like

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqladmin flush-hosts

Not sure if the above is the right path, check first
(2013-08-29, 04:06)Dilligaf Wrote: Did you bother to look at the log at all?? Here's what it says

I said in previous post, i read the log and tried that on the server. Nothing changed.
Fixed it. My mistake. I didnt put the XML in the userdata folder on the windows machine, i put it in the parent folder. Flushed hosts, tried again, bazinga!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not get synchronized databases to work0