new xbmc user. need some advice
hey everyone.
i have been hearing and reading a lot about XBMC for some time and finally decided to test drive it on my win7 machine and i was very pleased.
i do not want and do not have the budget to make a full blown HTPC but i would like the ability to stream files from my pc and play files on my tv and access netflix and other services like crackle and such or any services i have yet to discover. so far in a few days i have learned A LOT. took me a lot of trial and error with XBMC but i finally figured out how to get some addons to work and want more.

so I looked around and there are so many of these xbmc set top style box's.
can some one tell me which is the best one to buy based on my needs?
the little black box? minix or something? g-box midnight? pivos?

i just want to buy something and be happy with it but don't know where to start or what places to look.
any advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.

regards,
the new guy on xbmc still learning.
Right now my money is on OUYA for value, but that can change in a day with how fast stuff is coming out.
yeah i was looking at the ouya but read that they do not have official xbmc support.
i was also looking at the exoon pro i think it was called.
i dunno i just want something that works good. can play files over the network and doesn't stutter or lag as i read some of these box's suffer from.

also a keyboard remote type would be great.
i was looking at the little black box specifically because it has that boxee box style remote.
hows the exoon and ugoos ut1 quad core box's stack up against others?
OUYA has official XBMC support, but just not official stable support. Meaning you can run official development builds (wiki) on the OUYA. When a final version of v13 is released, that should be the first official and stable version of XBMC to run on OUYA. There is an unofficial but stable version of XBMC on the OUYA store for v12 to hold people over.

It's really no more or less official than XBMC for any Android box. OUYA is an official sponsor of Team XBMC, as well as Pivos, VidOn.Me, and some others, though that does not indicate any favoritism (donations are done with no strings attached). Both Pivos and OUYA have hired Team XBMC developers to work on XBMC for their products.

I think the exoon is just another gbox clone, which is a clone of other boxes. Not sure about the ugoos.
ok so im bumping this.
any updates guys?
i am still not sure what to get.
but from what i have read it seems like ouya is the way to go.
@infamouskid
I have read good reviews about ugoos ut-1. I am getting mine in a few days I will let you know.
interested too. Looking at Ouya also if its stable enough (since the picuntu on my quad core rk3188 aint gonna sufice)

will have a look at this ugoos ut-1
Can someone advise how the uqoos ut-1 differs from this that I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quad-Core-Andr...2582987c9a

THanks in advance
ive had a ugoos ut1 about a month now and i have only generally good things to say about it. its fairly quick and as compared to the pivos which was my other xbmc unit the ugoos is a country mile ahead in build and performance. Wireless connectivity is quick and stable so far . My only complaint would be the remote which in itself isnt bad but is useless for typing in movie names when searching. Lots of other apps come preinstalled on the Ugoos so it turns your tv into a smart tv at a fraction of the cost.....im running frodo 12.2 on it and it plays 720p content flawlessly...the built in player plays 1080p content smoothly as well. I did run a gotham monthly build on it and was impressed with the 1080p performance for about 50mins then started getting slight juddering. All in all its a solid piece of work and is worth the purchase even if it didnt support xbmc but the fact it does makes it even sweeter....

ps my ugoos ut1 DID NOT come with xbmc pre installed as they said ..i actually had to try a couple builds before i got the one that the manufacturers used in their demos...im posting the link below so folks dont have the same headache

http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread....g-Support)
I own the exoon power pro android box and love it. I have tried the Gbox MX2 also the Ouya gaming unit. While they both run XBMC well they are not as fast as the Exoon Quad core unit. Phone support is awesome someone always picks up. They are also working with the developers to help with custom roms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUorE09cC-4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new xbmc user. need some advice0