• 115(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2014-12-29, 14:00)craney Wrote: Thanks for that mate, do i have to enter anything in the poster option on the expert tab or just enable the function?

Cheers

Enter poster.jpg I believe
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2014-12-29, 14:21)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 14:00)craney Wrote: Thanks for that mate, do i have to enter anything in the poster option on the expert tab or just enable the function?

Cheers

Enter poster.jpg I believe

exactly! Smile
Image Image
Ok, been all over this and a few other threads but wow, so many pages to read and get sidetracked on. =)

I am currently running the latest 1.3.0.20 of EMM and I want to upgrade to the current 1.4.x.x version, but cannot find the info I need to do this properly without loosing all data and settings in my DB. Can some one point me to the correct posts?

Thank you for the great EMM you programming gods, I cant live without this program.
(2014-12-30, 02:15)Mychale Wrote: Ok, been all over this and a few other threads but wow, so many pages to read and get sidetracked on. =)

I am currently running the latest 1.3.0.20 of EMM and I want to upgrade to the current 1.4.x.x version, but cannot find the info I need to do this properly without loosing all data and settings in my DB. Can some one point me to the correct posts?

Thank you for the great EMM you programming gods, I cant live without this program.

Pretty sure you have to start fresh and can't carry over settings because of the newer database setup.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2014-12-30, 06:35)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 02:15)Mychale Wrote: Ok, been all over this and a few other threads but wow, so many pages to read and get sidetracked on. =)

Pretty sure you have to start fresh and can't carry over settings because of the newer database setup.

That's right, but the only thing you miss is settings, the good thing is you can have both versions running at the same time (you obviously need separated folders) so if you don't remember all settings you done in the past you can go back and check it out
(2014-12-30, 12:37)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 06:35)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:

That's right, but the only thing you miss is settings, the good thing is you can have both versions running at the same time (you obviously need separated folders) so if you don't remember all settings you done in the past you can go back and check it out

Ok, so I lose settings, but can retain the DB? Do I just make a beta folder, copy my existing EMM folder to that and then upgrade the new beta folder (with copied files). Then I have two versions, the 1.3.0.20 and the 1.4.x.x, add the sources to 1.4 and rescan? This is what I was thinking before I posted, but thought to ask here first.
(2014-12-30, 23:54)Mychale Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 12:37)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 06:35)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Pretty sure you have to start fresh and can't carry over settings because of the newer database setup.

Ok, so I lose settings, but can retain the DB? Do I just make a beta folder, copy my existing EMM folder to that and then upgrade the new beta folder (with copied files). Then I have two versions, the 1.3.0.20 and the 1.4.x.x, add the sources to 1.4 and rescan? This is what I was thinking before I posted, but thought to ask here first.
Even that the beta have an installer it's still considered an "portable" program, nothing interfere with your old 1.3.0.20
No need to rescan just setup your sources and Ember read all your content and rebuild a new database
If something is missing, change the settings and reload it again, it's fast even if you have a large library
And don't copy anything to the new Ember folder from the old one
(2014-12-29, 12:26)craney Wrote: First off Dan thanks so much for this application it really is top draw! I was just curious to know if there is anyway to get the poster artwork to be named 'poster' rather than the film name then '-poster'. I am using a mixture of xbmc and plex and for some reason plex only seems to like the name 'poster' which i believe was the way xbmc also used to be

Keep up the good work mate, hope you had a good xmas
Use the expert settings or the special xbmc meta agent for plex.
(2014-12-27, 12:40)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 06:14)jeks Wrote: (AND yes I have VLC x86 with ActiveX plugin)

There's other stuff in bold red on the 1st page... Disable the GoEars scraper...

I had been having the same issue and couldn't figure out what was wrong (I don't think I ever enabld the GoEars scraper so I was surprised to find it enabled). So thanks.

There were some movies that had only weirdly downloaded partial information. Re-scraping them still hung. So I re-scraped just the nfo file and then it seemed to work better.
thank you DanCooper, Ember gets better and better.

after installing 1.4 i noticed some things:

- the writer credits are not enabled by default which means the writer field in the skin is empty (info not available)
- the number of votes misses a separator: its 14334 instead of 14,334 for example, its harder to read, maybe there is an option for that that i missed?
- instead of displaying USA for country it now reads United States of America, it's not really a big deal but can it be reverted back to USA by the user ?
(2015-01-01, 11:54)neurosis13 Wrote: - instead of displaying USA for country it now reads United States of America, it's not really a big deal but can it be reverted back to USA by the user ?

In IMDB scraper settings select "Country-Tag: Save country abbreviation(s) instead of full name(s)"
(2015-01-01, 11:54)neurosis13 Wrote: - the number of votes misses a separator: its 14334 instead of 14,334 for example, its harder to read, maybe there is an option for that that i missed?
comma seperator for votes was removed because in some countries 14,334 means 14 votes and a third (like 14.3) - which is wrong of course. Personally I think removing the seperator is cleaner Wink
(2015-01-01, 16:19)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 11:54)neurosis13 Wrote: - the number of votes misses a separator: its 14334 instead of 14,334 for example, its harder to read, maybe there is an option for that that i missed?
comma seperator for votes was removed because in some countries 14,334 means 14 votes and a third (like 14.3) - which is wrong of course. Personally I think removing the seperator is cleaner Wink

thats too bad, trying to always count or recognize the number of digest gave me sort of headache motion sickness after a short while and i had to go back to 1.3 mostly just because of that.
It's very stressful in browsing mode.
Perhaps having some sort of parameter for thousands pontuation?
Image Image
(2015-01-01, 18:32)redglory Wrote: Perhaps having some sort of parameter for thousands pontuation?

i really hope there will be a plausible solution for this.

very appreciated.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8