• 59(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
have been playing at setting ember up and have maybe found some bugs. Ekstra thumbs seems to being added on every new scrape after 1st scrape I have 4, next scrape I have 8 but its the same as the first 4.
and if I enable "use plot for outline if outline is empty" it uses plot for outline even if there is an outline I am using imdb as scraper for all exept trailer

Dan could you be so kind as to tell me how I would go about scaping a series in dvd order I have tried to enable it in edit show and enable high prioty in settings but it doset seem to change the ordering I have few show that are in dvd order and next to impossible to change manually I found a post halfway through the thread where it seemed it should work ?
Dan : if I am manually updating the "all Library"option .. then after the movies ember goes about refreshing ALL the Tv Shows ... not just the new episodes... it prolongs the whole process unnecessarily. I am sure I am missing a simple setup setting.. IS there anyway ember just refreshes the "New / newly Added "epiosdes only and not every single episode ?
Hey Guys,

just switched over and started using Ember, and I love it! Great work and much thanks to everyone involed!

I have question regarding actor images. I have all of my actor images stored in a single folder as shown below. I did this because i was using an old Imagesbyname folder from when i came over from Mediabrowser a bunch of years ago. I have just never felt the need to update until now.

Cast Images
------->Christian Bale
----------------->folder.jpg

So here's my questions:

1. If i store all actor images in a .actors folder, wouldn't there be a significant amount of wasted space for say Christian Bale in every movie he is in. I would think it would be more practical to store once and reference in each .nfo to this location.

2. Is there a way to use the imagesbyname folder in ember? I am not opposed to doing the .actors folder if that is standard practice, it just seems redundant as mentioned above.
(2014-06-12, 06:35)win88ice2004 Wrote: Hey Guys,

just switched over and started using Ember, and I love it! Great work and much thanks to everyone involed!

I have question regarding actor images. I have all of my actor images stored in a single folder as shown below. I did this because i was using an old Imagesbyname folder from when i came over from Mediabrowser a bunch of years ago. I have just never felt the need to update until now.

Cast Images
------->Christian Bale

So here's my questions:

1. If i store all actor images in a .actors folder, wouldn't there be a significant amount of wasted space for say Christian Bale in every movie he is in. I would think it would be more practical to store once and reference in each .nfo to this location.

2. Is there a way to use the imagesbyname folder in ember? I am not opposed to doing the .actors folder if that is standard practice, it just seems redundant as mentioned above.
You have raised a very valid point .. BUT I am afraid its going to be near to impossible ( and I am not even a coder/ skinner)
a centralised actors thumbnails folder could work imho But would require extra coding and ore potential of things getting more complicated & getting buggy...The Only benchmark i can think of is Media Browser.. Now its been many many years since I've dabbled with Media Browser ( frankly never looked Back once started with XBMC )but I think if I recall it creates a centralised actors thumbnails but I am not sure how individual addons are then coded or setup to utilise that . Looks & sounds more complicated . I am not sure whether dan agrees or not .
I will be back in Ember office tomorrow =)
Sorry, today no time to reply your posts.
(2014-06-12, 20:04)shaktoo Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 06:35)win88ice2004 Wrote: Hey Guys,

Cast Images
------->Christian Bale

So here's my questions:

You have raised a very valid point .. BUT I am afraid its going to be near to impossible ( and I am not even a coder/ skinner)
a centralised actors thumbnails folder could work imho But would require extra coding and ore potential of things getting more complicated & getting buggy...The Only benchmark i can think of is Media Browser.. Now its been many many years since I've dabbled with Media Browser ( frankly never looked Back once started with XBMC )but I think if I recall it creates a centralised actors thumbnails but I am not sure how individual addons are then coded or setup to utilise that . Looks & sounds more complicated . I am not sure whether dan agrees or not .

Ya i think that was my problem from the beginning. When i got into this whole media center thing some 5-6 years ago, i started with Media Browser. Only to switch almost immediately to XMBC when i learned the potential. However since i already had all my metadata (including actor images) already downloaded, i just found a way to make it work on xbmc. For metadata, I have been using MetaBrowser since the start. I am like most people on here and do not know the code behind the work, just how it all comes together and how to work the software. Metabrowser allows me to add a folder to show where my actor images are. Then my movie.nfo shows the actor images as a link to this folder. Everything then pulls in XBMC when i use local images/files as expected. Obviously with my change over to Ember this became the issue. Truth be told, if i need to move everything over to be compatable with Ember i am 100% okay with it. I am moving to Ember for obvious reasons either way, I guess i am just trying to understand the logistics for me own sanity more than anything else, and see if this is a possible feature/future request. Isn't customization fun!
Title Match Confidence bug?

Not sure if it's me or if this has already been reported (I've searched without finding it):
I've got multiple movies with the movie name and file or folder name an exact match (from using the auto-rename function) but they still show up "pink" as not-matched.

I thought it might be the \VIDEO_TS.IFO at first... but most of them work. And I've even got .ISO and .MKV files that do it. I can't find any consistency as to which ones do or don't.

@ Dan & Co

Do you guys have a website with a road map of releases and things you are working on / planning to add in the future ?
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

I have my movies organized into folders so that the unwatched movies aren't together with the others. I finally got around to filtering the unwatched ones out and marking all the watched ones watched in Ember. So as a result of this, all the nfo's (except the unwatched) have a playcount of 1, which is great. But then I went into XBMC and it really isn't any different from before (even after updating the library). I tried quitting and re-updating, but that didn't work either. Right now I'm in the process of removing the source and then putting them all back in. I expect this to work. Not exactly the most efficient thing. Edit: This didn't work. It's no different than before.

Is there a better way to get XBMC to recognize these updated nfos? I'd generally prefer not to have to do this going forward.
(2014-06-15, 05:41)gregoryx Wrote: Title Match Confidence bug?

Not sure if it's me or if this has already been reported (I've searched without finding it):
I've got multiple movies with the movie name and file or folder name an exact match (from using the auto-rename function) but they still show up "pink" as not-matched.

I thought it might be the \VIDEO_TS.IFO at first... but most of them work. And I've even got .ISO and .MKV files that do it. I can't find any consistency as to which ones do or don't.

Well here's a forehead slapper: it's whenever the file-name has a re-ordered article (The, An, A), apparently. I have the default "Sort Tokens to Ignore" checked (a[\W_], etc). I'm using "$L" for "List Title" in the renaming. So... is there a way to make the Title Match Confidence match up with the "List Title" expectation? Or do I need to rename all movies with the leading articles (a/an/the) to the end?

Thanks for humoring... my searching hasn't yielded an answer... but I feel like it MUST have come up before!
(2014-06-15, 15:57)toineb Wrote: @ Dan & Co

Do you guys have a website with a road map of releases and things you are working on / planning to add in the future ?
We are collecting all project points in our Bugtracker: http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...ssues/open
Take a look and see if your wish is listed Wink
Gosh now soccer worldcup , but I need to continue in Ember Rolleyes
(2014-06-17, 18:45)Cocotus Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 15:57)toineb Wrote: @ Dan & Co

We are collecting all project points in our Bugtracker: http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...ssues/open
Take a look and see if your wish is listed Wink
Gosh now soccer worldcup , but I need to continue in Ember Rolleyes

lol thank you, I am just a little nosey about what you guys have planned not just for the next realease but for others after that.

Thanks and enjoy the football :-)
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

The Frodo movie naming template is using <moviename>.nfo for the .nfo file. I'd rather have movie.nfo (it makes it easier when replacing a bad rip as you don't have to rename the .nfo file — and I don't rename the movie file as it makes it easier to get the right version of the subtitles).

If I use expert settings, do I need to configure EVERYTHING in there, or can I just set the .nfo file to be movie.nfo, untick .nfo on the Frodo tab, and have all the other files use the Frodo defaults?

PS: I suppose asking for EMM to download the fanart/discart etc thumbs in the background while I'm choosing which poster I want is a bit much in terms of the amount of work required to implement it. But it would be very nice for those of us with slower connections :)
You have to configure just what is "ticked" but i would highly recommend you define every file pattern.
Image Image
Is there a way to, when scraping a custom TV show or a show with numbers, to NOT have the generated NFO create duplicates?
For instance:
I use XBMC for family vids. I wanted to make NFOs with Ember.

Home Videos - 101 - Home Vids 1982-1983

Generates 1 .NFO file with 3 sources listed. The result is a triplicate scrape of the same file. 1 is the original, then 2 that are S19E82, S19E83.

Sometimes I end up with even more. I remove the additional info, and it repopulates. I had the same happen with a few Fringe episodes. Ideas?

**I actually tried Media Companion too, since it has a Home Movies tab, but XBMC won't read the output. Saves everything as <movie> and no </episodedetails> labels. Fail.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8