• 77(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
Then having two versions installed on the same computer is a problem?
They are each in their own folder.
(2014-09-03, 20:21)WarpLover Wrote: Then having two versions installed on the same computer is a problem?
They are each in their own folder.

No, but use two different install folders.
Ember_1.3.0.20
EmberMM 1.4 beta

They are.

I'll install the newest beta and give you feedback.
I want to use that API key for TMDB and see what that looks like.
Great work!
(2014-09-03, 20:34)WarpLover Wrote: Ember_1.3.0.20
EmberMM 1.4 beta

They are.

I'll install the newest beta and give you feedback.
I want to use that API key for TMDB and see what that looks like.
Great work!

You don't need an API key for TMDB or Fanart.tv, both scrapers have embedded keys.

But in next release you can use our personal Fanart.tv API key to get the images earlier (new Fanart.tv rules).
Installed.
FANTASTIC!

Trailers had to be done manually. And then it would not give download button, only URL in NFO
I used to be able to extract 35 frames and have them put in extrathumbs folder.
Can these still be done?

Sorry....I am getting used to the new layout. BUT I LOVE IT!
(2014-09-03, 21:09)WarpLover Wrote: Installed.
FANTASTIC!

Trailers had to be done manually. And then it would not give download button, only URL in NFO
I used to be able to extract 35 frames and have them put in extrathumbs folder.
Can these still be done?

Sorry....I am getting used to the new layout. BUT I LOVE IT!

Yes, atm we have no "Select Trailer" window during manual scraping. But you can download the trailer in "Edit Movie" window at the end of a scrape.
The trailer field on the Details tab is now only for NFO trailer field. Use the new Trailer tab in the same window to download a trailer.

Auto-extract from movie file (like in Ember 1.3.x) is not implemented in 1.4.x. Maybe later we bring them back. But you can do that manually in Edit Movie window if you have the MovieExtrator module enabled.
Take a screenshot and click on "set as extrathumb/extrafanart".
I know you currently have a sizable list of things to do to Ember yet. With that said I would like to make a couple requests for features we've never had.

Music video scraping sucks. I don't think that is ever going to change because there is no good database out there (I extract individual songs out of the middle of a concert, for instance).
I'd like to be able to scan a folder of MVs and get the metadata automatically. We could then have the usual edit form pop up for the MV keywords, so that I can fill them out manually. And then I'd like to be able to extract frames from the MV for a poster and fanart. The ability to crop a fanart shape to a poster shape within Ember would be cool too.I already use the movie section of Ember to get the frames - of course I get a movie nfo that I delete, but at least I don't have to manually extract frames because ember can do this for me. Anything that could make these custom made files easier to make, would be greatly appreciated.

The other thing I just noticed was that some HD movies have subtitles in the video container. Is there any way Ember could see that and check it off as done, so I don't try to download subtitles that already exist? (I use the check-marks in Ember to know which movie to start up in XBMC and use its tools to get those subtitles - that's when I find out they are already there).

Anyway - great job! I wish I could help somehow.
Dan I know you ain't going to be happy about this but it's still bugs when scraping a movie with something like "part2" in movie title

example: "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows.Part2.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264.mkv"
The result for artwork and nfo is like this: "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows .2010.1080p.Bluray.x264.-poster.jpg" note that it's a blank before the year there part2 shall be

And the renamer also have problems
The folder and artwork get correct names
A new nfo with correct name is created but the old one is still there and no name change on the movie file
(2014-09-04, 00:59)T-bird_se Wrote: Dan I know you ain't going to be happy about this but it's still bugs when scraping a movie with something like "part2" in movie title

example: "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows.Part2.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264.mkv"
The result for artwork and nfo is like this: "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows .2010.1080p.Bluray.x264.-poster.jpg" note that it's a blank before the year there part2 shall be

A new nfo with correct name is created but the old one is still there and no name change on the movie file

The part2 needs to be at the end preceeded by a hyphen like this.

"Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264-part2.mkv"

See this thread for details:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1198238
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2014-09-04, 00:59)T-bird_se Wrote: Dan I know you ain't going to be happy about this but it's still bugs when scraping a movie with something like "part2" in movie title

Two things:
- With your schema the files should be named as *.part.2.* (imo *.part2.* is wrong)
- Yes, I will fix the stacking after my vacancy that stacking will only be used on the end of a file name. Also I change it to the same rules for movies and episodes like in XBMC.

(2014-09-04, 00:11)WarpLover Wrote: I know you currently have a sizable list of things to do to Ember yet. With that said I would like to make a couple requests for features we've never had.

Music video scraping sucks. I don't think that is ever going to change because there is no good database out there (I extract individual songs out of the middle of a concert, for instance).
I'd like to be able to scan a folder of MVs and get the metadata automatically. We could then have the usual edit form pop up for the MV keywords, so that I can fill them out manually. And then I'd like to be able to extract frames from the MV for a poster and fanart. The ability to crop a fanart shape to a poster shape within Ember would be cool too.I already use the movie section of Ember to get the frames - of course I get a movie nfo that I delete, but at least I don't have to manually extract frames because ember can do this for me. Anything that could make these custom made files easier to make, would be greatly appreciated.

The other thing I just noticed was that some HD movies have subtitles in the video container. Is there any way Ember could see that and check it off as done, so I don't try to download subtitles that already exist? (I use the check-marks in Ember to know which movie to start up in XBMC and use its tools to get those subtitles - that's when I find out they are already there).

Anyway - great job! I wish I could help somehow.
Please check already existing feature request on http://bugs.embermediamanager.org. Use this website to create new requests. Thank you.
(2014-09-04, 07:34)CaptainKen Wrote:

(2014-09-04, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote: Two things:
- With your schema the files should be named as *.part.2.* (imo *.part2.* is wrong)
- Yes, I will fix the stacking after my vacancy that stacking will only be used on the end of a file name. Also I change it to the same rules for movies and episodes like in XBMC.
It's not a stacking problem it's the movie itself that has it in the name, so I have only one .mkv for each movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1201607
(2014-09-04, 17:12)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 07:34)CaptainKen Wrote:

(2014-09-04, 09:51)DanCooper Wrote: Two things:
It's not a stacking problem it's the movie itself that has it in the name, so I have only one .mkv for each movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1201607

Yes i know. It is a bug that Ember also stack it in the middle of a file name.
But if you use dots instead of space, your filename is wrong and should be called "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows.Part.2.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264.mkv" Tongue

Anyway, i will fix this after my vacation...
Doesn´t work double click to EDIT a movie. CRTL+E either.
(2014-09-04, 19:39)orbtwin Wrote: Doesn´t work double click to EDIT a movie. CRTL+E either.
Install vlc x86 with ActiveX plugin...
New beta release online.

I've fixed some issues. This will be the latest release before I go on vacation Smile
I think it will be usefull for users they have issues with folder renaming (should be fixed now).
If have have more error than before.... the old release is still enable to download.

Happy testing!

Changelog 1.4.x Beta (2014-09-05)

[Main]
fixed: a part of extrathumbs/extrafanarts in expert settings (not really finished)
added: custom markers to filter

[Renamer]
fixed: issues with folders
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8