• 145(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2015-03-27, 14:48)DanCooper Wrote: ... or subscribe the feature request in our bug tracker.

But in my way, he gets to see all the cool new features you add with each new build :p
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
I ask again. Tell yet, I have to set the outline of the plot (Plot Outline) was also in Polish .. ??
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem, I needed to run a re-scrape on all of my .nfo files but for some reason the scraper for 1.4 seems to be incredibly slow and is taking around 20 seconds per movie.which may not sound all that bad but when you have 3000 movies to scrape thats over 16 hours of scraping. 1.3 was scraping much much faster than this. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I need to change to speed things up?
Hi There,

just installed 1.4.3.1 version, and have an issue with "Settings / TV Shows / Scrapers - Images", in that I can't seem to get Fanart.tv to stay first in the scraper order. I have also tried unabling the TVDB scraper, but it shows as enabled when I go back into the settings menu.

Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Esky.
(2015-03-28, 13:49)richarddscott76 Wrote: Hi, I am having a bit of a problem, I needed to run a re-scrape on all of my .nfo files but for some reason the scraper for 1.4 seems to be incredibly slow and is taking around 20 seconds per movie.which may not sound all that bad but when you have 3000 movies to scrape thats over 16 hours of scraping. 1.3 was scraping much much faster than this. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I need to change to speed things up?

How you do scrape? If I want to only update NFO I do a NFO only scrape. I just did some test: I have TMDB Data scraper first then IMDB (all fields activated). I hit scrape while I was downloading ouside of Ember --> took over 30seconds! I then canceled my download outside Ember and started scraping process again: Now around 11s with all fields in IMDB/TMDB activated. Then I looked in the log and noticed that TMDB scraper only took 2s but IMDB around 9seconds! So now I deactivated IMDB and only TMDB DataScraper was activated -> Bingo! 3seconds per movie at NFO only! I can't disable IMDB though, because I need that scraper as a fallback source for missing fields on TMDB. So now I activated IMDB again and disabled some fields to check if theres a field that took long to scrape. In my tests it was the trailer field in IMDB Data scraper. So I have now all fields checked in IMDBData Scraper but "trailer" and now duration for a NFO scraper is around 4seconds - which is acceptable!

To sum it up, I would suggest to disable the trailer field in IMDB Datascraper and try to scrape 1,2 movies and check time. Maybe it also works for you?
Is EMM supposed to fallback from the top scraper to the next one if no match is found? I have several cases in which I get no results from IMDB and have to cancel scraping the movie/concert because the TMDB results are not used.

Also, is there some way to make EMM show more results, like partial matches? I have a lot of stuff that is found on the IMDB but still I need to enter the actual IMDB id because I don't get any automatic results.
(2015-03-28, 14:30)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 13:49)richarddscott76 Wrote: Hi, I am having a bit of a problem, I needed to run a re-scrape on all of my .nfo files but for some reason the scraper for 1.4 seems to be incredibly slow and is taking around 20 seconds per movie.which may not sound all that bad but when you have 3000 movies to scrape thats over 16 hours of scraping. 1.3 was scraping much much faster than this. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I need to change to speed things up?

How you do scrape? If I want to only update NFO I do a NFO only scrape. I just did some test: I have TMDB Data scraper first then IMDB (all fields activated). I hit scrape while I was downloading ouside of Ember --> took over 30seconds! I then canceled my download outside Ember and started scraping process again: Now around 11s with all fields in IMDB/TMDB activated. Then I looked in the log and noticed that TMDB scraper only took 2s but IMDB around 9seconds! So now I deactivated IMDB and only TMDB DataScraper was activated -> Bingo! 3seconds per movie at NFO only! I can't disable IMDB though, because I need that scraper as a fallback source for missing fields on TMDB. So now I activated IMDB again and disabled some fields to check if theres a field that took long to scrape. In my tests it was the trailer field in IMDB Data scraper. So I have now all fields checked in IMDBData Scraper but "trailer" and now duration for a NFO scraper is around 4seconds - which is acceptable!

To sum it up, I would suggest to disable the trailer field in IMDB Datascraper and try to scrape 1,2 movies and check time. Maybe it also works for you?

Thanks, I have taken the trailer field out and I'm averaging 4 seconds now, much better!!
(2015-03-28, 14:50)richarddscott76 Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 14:30)Cocotus Wrote:

Thanks, I have taken the trailer field out and I'm averaging 4 seconds now, much better!!

Thanks for feedback! I think I'm going to check why trailer scraping of IMDB is such a time consuming task. Huh
(2015-03-27, 19:07)Poland Wrote: I ask again. Tell yet, I have to set the outline of the plot (Plot Outline) was also in Polish .. ??

Only IMDB (english only), Moviepilot and OFDB (both german only) has Outlines.
If you wan't polish Outlines, you have to disable Outline in IMDB scraper and enable to setting "Use Plot for Outline" in global scraper settings.
(2015-03-28, 14:18)Esky Wrote: Hi There,

just installed 1.4.3.1 version, and have an issue with "Settings / TV Shows / Scrapers - Images", in that I can't seem to get Fanart.tv to stay first in the scraper order. I have also tried unabling the TVDB scraper, but it shows as enabled when I go back into the settings menu.

Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Esky.

Yes, it's not possible the change the order for tv shows.
The reason is, that we call the Fanart.tv scraper from inside of the TVDB scraper (therefore the TVDB scraper must be enabled to get Fanart.tv images). This was the fastest solution to get the Fanart.tv scraper working for tv show before we start the recoding of the whole tv show scraper method.
If we are done with recoding, it will be working in same way like the movie scrapers.
(2015-03-28, 14:35)Boulder Wrote: Is EMM supposed to fallback from the top scraper to the next one if no match is found? I have several cases in which I get no results from IMDB and have to cancel scraping the movie/concert because the TMDB results are not used.

Also, is there some way to make EMM show more results, like partial matches? I have a lot of stuff that is found on the IMDB but still I need to enter the actual IMDB id because I don't get any automatic results.

You can enable partial and other matches in IMDB scraper settings.
(2015-03-29, 12:48)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 14:18)Esky Wrote: Hi There,

Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Esky.

Yes, it's not possible the change the order for tv shows.
The reason is, that we call the Fanart.tv scraper from inside of the TVDB scraper (therefore the TVDB scraper must be enabled to get Fanart.tv images). This was the fastest solution to get the Fanart.tv scraper working for tv show before we start the recoding of the whole tv show scraper method.
If we are done with recoding, it will be working in same way like the movie scrapers.

Thanks for the reply - I have literally just finished raising a bug report on the tracker for this issue! I'll go see if there's an option for me to delete it.

Cheers,

Esky.
(2015-03-29, 12:51)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 14:35)Boulder Wrote: Is EMM supposed to fallback from the top scraper to the next one if no match is found? I have several cases in which I get no results from IMDB and have to cancel scraping the movie/concert because the TMDB results are not used.

You can enable partial and other matches in IMDB scraper settings.
It's not working in my case since it's been on all the time, I just checked. For example, words "London Olympics closing" does not bring the only result it brings when searched direct via IMDB.

What about the fallback to the next scraper? If you search for "Toto - 35th Anniversary Tour", IMDB doesn't have any results (because it really doesn't contain the concert) but TMDB shows it if it is the only scraper. If I have IMDB as the first one, EMM doesn't try to scrape from TMDB.
I have noticed a small quirk when using EMM I can work around the problem but just thought I would mention it. I have 2 Popcorn Hour PCH C200's that run using the same Media Library on my NAS. Because one of the Popcorns is in my son's room we have the media split into child friendly and not as follows :-

NAS-Drive\Movies\ - All grown up movies in here
NAS-Drive\Movies\Kids\ - All child friendly movies in here

as YAMJ indexes everything from the source folder onwards this means I can point my son's Popcorn at the Kids subfolder and it does not pick up any of the inappropriate material from the parent folder above, my Popcorn gets pointed at the parent folder and picks up all movies including the stuff in the kids subfolder.

With EMM, for movies I give it the source folder NAS-Drive\Movies\ and it quite happily picks up all of the movies in both the parent and sub folder which is what I want.

Now I go and do the same thing with TV shows

NAS-Drive\TV\ - All grown up TV shows in here
NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\ - All child friendly TV Shows in here

The problem I have is if I point EMM at NAS-Drive\TV\ for it's source it ONLY picks up the TV shows in the parent folder, it does not recursively move down into the NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\ folder. At the moment I work around this by adding a second source for TV to EMM of NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\

if there is a better way for me to be organising the media I am more than happy to consider it.
(2015-03-29, 21:00)richarddscott76 Wrote: I have noticed a small quirk when using EMM I can work around the problem but just thought I would mention it. I have 2 Popcorn Hour PCH C200's that run using the same Media Library on my NAS. Because one of the Popcorns is in my son's room we have the media split into child friendly and not as follows :-

NAS-Drive\Movies\ - All grown up movies in here
NAS-Drive\Movies\Kids\ - All child friendly movies in here

as YAMJ indexes everything from the source folder onwards this means I can point my son's Popcorn at the Kids subfolder and it does not pick up any of the inappropriate material from the parent folder above, my Popcorn gets pointed at the parent folder and picks up all movies including the stuff in the kids subfolder.

With EMM, for movies I give it the source folder NAS-Drive\Movies\ and it quite happily picks up all of the movies in both the parent and sub folder which is what I want.

Now I go and do the same thing with TV shows

NAS-Drive\TV\ - All grown up TV shows in here
NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\ - All child friendly TV Shows in here

The problem I have is if I point EMM at NAS-Drive\TV\ for it's source it ONLY picks up the TV shows in the parent folder, it does not recursively move down into the NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\ folder. At the moment I work around this by adding a second source for TV to EMM of NAS-Drive\TV\Kids\

if there is a better way for me to be organising the media I am more than happy to consider it.

There is no other way for tv shows atm.
But recursive support for tv shows is on the to do list.
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8