• 160(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2015-05-09, 18:25)MKHR Wrote: in 1.4.5.0 dvd order for tvshows seems completely broken. After I edit a show to use dvd order, nothing happens. I tried "reloading" (show and season level), database cleanup/scan and switching back and forth between different ordering schemes.

please let me know if you need further details.

Can you tell me a tv show that have different numbers between DVD and Aired ordering?
I hate this part of TVDB scraper, but i will check this issue ;-)
^I can think of Firefly.
(2015-05-09, 18:25)MKHR Wrote: in 1.4.5.0 dvd order for tvshows seems completely broken. After I edit a show to use dvd order, nothing happens. I tried "reloading" (show and season level), database cleanup/scan and switching back and forth between different ordering schemes.

(2015-05-10, 02:34)ss4johnny Wrote: ^I can think of Firefly.

Personally i use <displayepisode /> tag for Firefly and The Chicago Code. It's good if you use automatic downloaders like Sonarr that don't support DVD order
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]

Testet with Firefly, works for me.

I proceeded as follows:
- create new folder Firefly and a Season 01 (no tvshow.nfo, no images)
- added new episode files to Season 01 folder: Firefly - S01E01.mkv - Firefly - S01E14.mkv (no episode NFOs)
- start Ember DB update
- edit the tv show and changed the Episode Ordering to DVD
- rescrape the tv show

Result:
ok, working now. thank you and sorry for the lack of response earlier today - apparently i pressed preview instead of reply Sad

btw, it still produces wrong episode numbers. I guess your system is set up in english and the code you use relys will produce correct results on your system. on my system, it will show E01 as E10, E02 as E20 etc. have a look at the tvdb zip content / xml. they include the dvd order as "1.0", "2.0" etc...

anyway, thanks - everything is working now.
I have noticed when I add a new TV show to Ember, it downloads the fanart, crats the .nfo, banners, clear logos ect. It does not however created the .actors folder. I have to manually (re)scrape the TV show, and step through the prompts and proceed to overwrite the already downloaded images. It does create the .actor folder and adds the images to it doing it this way at least.

I just noticed this recently, and have like 30 TV shows with no actors folders inside the seasons folders. Is there a way to tell ember to download actors for TV shows, and not have to re-scrape everything all over again for each of the shows?

I noticed this when I added a trivia plugin, which relies heavily on actors images from the database as parts of the trivia questions.

Thanks much in advance!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-05-11, 04:03)JohnWPB Wrote: . Is there a way to tell ember to download actors for TV shows, and not have to re-scrape everything all over again for each of the shows?

As far as I am aware I think this element is still under development. From memory and quite a few posts back Dan said it still needed work as it would download actors images for each season or show again and again and again (from a questions I asked). So for a show with say 50 episodes you'll have 50 x the image of 1 actor who appeared in each 50 episodes...I think I go that the right way round Confused

So if you have all the boxes ticked for actors you will download a lot of duplicate info.

Myself I've always used the .actors folder in the root of the tv show folder. This has not worked for a very very long time (not a criticism). If you have the boxes ticked to download just for the show, nothing will download.

If you do not mind downloading oodles of duplicate images then I would have thought using Refresh Data would work? (not tested myself).
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Dan, I used that zip trick again to resolve a mistaken file name issue. Details below if interested.

I'm using the latest version. I have a TV episode that I accidentally put in the name wrong. As a result, Ember wasn't pulling down any nfo. I had accidentally marked it watched as well. I then clicked remove from database. I changed the name to the correct one and they're right in Ember. The file with the wrong name is still in there in EMM (really just a stub, the only check mark is Watched), but it's greyed out. I can't remove it here because no context menu comes up. It might be nice to allow me to remove it here. I suppose it's the difference between removing a missing file based on what is listed from something on tvdb vs. something that was a mis-named file.
Dan,

I think I must be going crazy, again....

I used to be able to automatically download all the extrafanarts & extrathumbs when I scrape a new movie, now they only seem to be downloaded if I tick the boxes when I'm selecting the fanart. I haven't changed any of the settings after upgrading to the latest version. Is it broken or have I missed an option that I need to set?

Thanks in advance.
CuBox i4Pro & RPi2 running Helix 14.1/Aeon Nox 5/OpenElec 5 both controlled with PS3 BD Media Remote, 2x 6TB D-Link NAS, tinyMediaManager
(2015-05-15, 22:48)doive Wrote: Dan,

I think I must be going crazy, again....

I used to be able to automatically download all the extrafanarts & extrathumbs when I scrape a new movie, now they only seem to be downloaded if I tick the boxes when I'm selecting the fanart. I haven't changed any of the settings after upgrading to the latest version. Is it broken or have I missed an option that I need to set?

Thanks in advance.

Extrafanarts and Extrahumbs are only downloaded automatically while autoscraping. While single/manual scraping you have to select the images manually.
New release 1.4.6.0 (2015-05-21) is online!

Code:
Changelog 1.4.6.0 (2015-05-21)

[Main]
added: MoviesSet Sorting (sort movie by year or by name)
fixed: GetPrefered AllSeasons banner/poster
fixed: season/episode recognizing (with files like "simpsons_s01e01_s01e02.mkv")
fixed: Danish language file name
fixed: does not play movies wich are stored in folders with umlauts
changed: TVDB and Fanart.tv tv show image scraper has the same functions like movie image scrapers (sorting, enable/disable)

[TVDB]
added: new image scraper
fixed: overlapping OK button in search results dialog

[Renamer]
fixed: some issues with tv show renaming
changed: better default pattern for season and episode

[Media File Manager]
added: tv show compatibility
fixed: some issues
The VideoExtras add-on has been working great for me for movies, so I'm giving it a try with tv shows.

VideoExtras uses an "Extras" folder at the show and/or season level. Is there a way to get Ember to just ignore those folders?

The videos I put in there are show related, but are not listed as specials at TVDB so Ember can't find them.
Just updated and have an issue. Before 1.4.6 for tv show scraping, I had my settings such that it would download the poster and fanart to the main directory and a season poster to each season inside the season folder (season one) that was named folder.jpg. Now I have tried a whole bunch of different image settings and cannot get the season image to appear inside the season folder. Instead it puts an image in the root folder and is titled like season-one.jpg (or close to that)

I am using an older media player and the only way it will pull images is if the image is in the season folder as it used to be. This seemed to be working fine in 1.4.5 as far as I know and I cannot figure out how to get it back, I did not change any settings when updating the database.

I know the notes say check your settings, but I cannot figure out what setting gets it back to how it was, and I have played with it alot. Unfortunately, that has caused lots of season-one.jpg type files that I have had to clean over and over again to get rid of them. Sorry for my ignorance, but since the whole settings box looks different, I can't figure out what it should be set as.
Okay, I actually figured this out using the wiki. There probably should be a few more notes in the program about this as it took lots of trial and error but a whole different problem cropped up.

I had the show Crank Yankers and had about 6 episodes in the tv show folder. These had already been processed by emm in the last version and they were in the root of \Crank Yankers\
I recorded more episodes and put them in season folders so the shows are now in Crank Yankers\Season 1\ and season 2. When I rescrape the show, it still has the original six nfos for the files that have now been moved from the root to the season 1 folder. When I manually delete them and rescrape, they come back to the root folder, even though the episodes do not exist in that folder anymore since they have been moved to season 1 (where there are nfos that are correct) I tried clearing the cache (data and image) and rescraped and low and behold, the same six episode nfos are back. I know in the past we had this problem and I think you have to delete the entry entirely in order to correct it, but I think this is the first time that the nfos came back without the related episode files.
It appears that the scrape doesn't properly interpret results that have a colon ":" in them.

e.g. I am trying to scrape a movie called "Norm MacDonald Me Doing Stand Up" and Ember pops up asking me for details because it has no results. When I enter "Norm MacDonald: Me Doing Stand Up" (colon added) the result shows up as the first one and then it scrapes properly.

It seems the search on the website works properly even without the colon https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=...g+Stand+Up

As you can imagine this is hard to work around because colons are not allowed in windows file names. For each title that has a colon in the name I have to manually go in and correct it when the scrape fails.
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8