• 176(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2015-08-01, 21:23)poster72 Wrote: so still no 64bit version yet?

if not i found this link to 1.3, i assume ill try that
http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...r/releases

1.4.xx is the way to go.
right, but is there a 64bit version? if not im stuck
(2015-08-02, 01:06)poster72 Wrote: right, but is there a 64bit version? if not im stuck
No
(2015-08-02, 01:06)poster72 Wrote: right, but is there a 64bit version? if not im stuck

Why do you need a 64-bit version?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-02, 03:05)Milhouse Wrote:

Wonder the same.
I run 1.4.x on different PCs and all of them are 64bit and Ember runs just fine, and remember that 1.3 ain't 64 bit and not maintained for ages
(2015-08-02, 13:39)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 03:05)Milhouse Wrote:

Wonder the same.
I run 1.4.x on different PCs and all of them are 64bit and Ember runs just fine, and remember that 1.3 ain't 64 bit and not maintained for ages

The only benefit of an x64 version of Ember will be the bigger adressable memory. But normally we don't need more than 4 GB in only instance.
The reason why we don't release an x64 version is the VLC module in Emebr. Atm we can't use the VLC x64 ActiveX plugin in VisualStudio, it will crash the whole VS.
32 version work flawlles to me
sorry, i was thinking it had to be 64bit to run on this box...i understand
Hi all

Been using ember 1,3 for years and have been using xbmc 12 since release and now I have decided to upgrade xbmc to kodi 15.1 when released and wanted to know if ember 1.4 is stable as I thought it might of had a release since its been getting a lot of updates the past couple of years.

But it seems it's still in beta is it a no go or is it worth using the beta over version 1.3. And is there anything I need to look out for. Is the final nearly ready ?

Thanks all
Even that it's called beta, I say it left beta stage a long time ago.

Someone asked Dan to remove the beta sign some time ago, but if I recall it correct he want implement some new things first that probably brake the stability.
But I say that's development and it's a small developing team and they need us (the user base) to find the bugs

So don't be afraid to use 1.4.x it not buggier than any other "stable" program
Hi, is there any way to make the boxee grab smaller cover/fanart? the navigation using the current settings is very slow. I thought I remembered sliders in an older version that allowed you to specify max/min sizes for these items?

thanks
(2015-08-03, 17:20)trueimage Wrote: Hi, is there any way to make the boxee grab smaller cover/fanart? the navigation using the current settings is very slow. I thought I remembered sliders in an older version that allowed you to specify max/min sizes for these items?

thanks
Settings -> Movie (or MovieSets/TV Shows) -> Scrapers-Images -> Resize Image to...

Then Tools -> Rewrite Movie Content (should be working).
(2015-08-03, 17:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 17:20)trueimage Wrote: Hi, is there any way to make the boxee grab smaller cover/fanart? the navigation using the current settings is very slow. I thought I remembered sliders in an older version that allowed you to specify max/min sizes for these items?

thanks
Settings -> Movie (or MovieSets/TV Shows) -> Scrapers-Images -> Resize Image to...

Then Tools -> Rewrite Movie Content (should be working).

Thanks!

FYI Boxee wants a 185x246 poster (in resizes it to that in fanart mode anyway which takes more cpu) and 1280x720 fanart, that's what I've found.

Thanks again for the quick response
(2015-08-03, 12:38)T-bird_se Wrote: Even that it's called beta, I say it left beta stage a long time ago.

Someone asked Dan to remove the beta sign some time ago, but if I recall it correct he want implement some new things first that probably brake the stability.
But I say that's development and it's a small developing team and they need us (the user base) to find the bugs

So don't be afraid to use 1.4.x it not buggier than any other "stable" program

Thanks might give it a shot
Dan Hello again..

i have installed ember latest on my windows 10 64 bit ..
but when i try to update library i got this error message

Value was either too high or too small for an int32...
any ideas?
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8