• 195(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2015-11-22, 03:26)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 23:46)solamnic Wrote: new release?

Dan will release a second beta Pre-Release version for a small group of testes first so they can test it and after reviewing its going into the wild - can't say much more but it will be released before christmas to everyone Wink

Meanwhile I added trakt.tv as datascraper for movies and shows so in next beta it will be possible to directly update fields like lastplayed, rating (own or community rating) and votes from trakt.tv during the scraper process.

Perfect! Thank you.
Dan recently I have noticed that playing .STRM files that have been added to Kodi Library & scraped with ember do nothing after being played (i.e do not get marked ). The same files if played from within the addon itself get marked normally?
Is there a TVDB scraping conflict . I recall that recently there was either with tvdb or within kodi chnage to adding year in show title . And after scraping shows with ember those file names are renamed without the year in title.
Is that the reason Kodi dosent mark them as being played ? or was the episode length issue ?
I am going to test on disabling the renaming of episodes on a show and check .
Would you please check this behaviour especially for the upcoming release.
Or is there a manual renamer setting ?
I'd gladly jump on tester list. Fighting the TV episodes is a mess. I've been manually adding everything. Now I've just kinda given up. I thought it was just broken completely until checking here. I assigned my own API, and still nothing scrapes.

Why don't any of the other sources scrape? It seems only thetvdb is the only one that has ever worked.
Hi, i have i problem which i think is because of Windows 10. But i can't connect to my NAS using Ember. When trying to locate it under Network i only get my local computer visible. Is there any other way to access the NAS using Ember ?
(2015-11-26, 10:20)R0ttweiler Wrote: Hi, i have i problem which i think is because of Windows 10. But i can't connect to my NAS using Ember. When trying to locate it under Network i only get my local computer visible. Is there any other way to access the NAS using Ember ?
Try to start Ember as Administrator or add the SMB path manually as \\Server\Share.
Ember always use the Windows Login/User to access network paths.
(2015-11-26, 06:19)shaktoo Wrote: Dan recently I have noticed that playing .STRM files that have been added to Kodi Library & scraped with ember do nothing after being played (i.e do not get marked ). The same files if played from within the addon itself get marked normally?
Is there a TVDB scraping conflict . I recall that recently there was either with tvdb or within kodi chnage to adding year in show title . And after scraping shows with ember those file names are renamed without the year in title.
Is that the reason Kodi dosent mark them as being played ? or was the episode length issue ?

Unfortunately, I understand absolutely not what you mean...
Is anyone interested to test the alpha pre-release version of the forthcoming beta?
No full changelog, only very important hints, no forum support (only PM)...

Send me a PM with subject "PreRelease"
Sorry, wrong thread. Please delete this post.
(2015-11-26, 13:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 06:19)shaktoo Wrote: Dan recently I have noticed that playing .STRM files that have been added to Kodi Library & scraped with ember do nothing after being played (i.e do not get marked ). The same files if played from within the addon itself get marked normally?

Unfortunately, I understand absolutely not what you mean...

@ Dan : Sorry my Post was confusing , let me try & explain.

What I wanted to state was that there seems to be a difference in kodi tvdb scraping ( w.ith year in the file name TV show e.g "The Brink (2015) S01e01" to EMM scraping WITHOUT the year in the Filename ( The Brink - S01e01 - The Pilot).
what this is doing is that the STRM file when played does not get marked as watched in kodi.
If scraped with EMM with NIL File Renaming on ---things remain good i.e Kodi can marked these .STRM files as watched & resume during playback like normally.
As I have done ( disable renaming of TV Episodes ) its solved my issue but is that an issue that could be permanently rectified ?
Is this an issue at all ?
Maybe another person who has used .STRM files can also chip in here with thier experience.
here is a thread discussing the issue.
Cheers Buddy
(2015-11-26, 10:20)R0ttweiler Wrote: Hi, i have i problem which i think is because of Windows 10. But i can't connect to my NAS using Ember. When trying to locate it under Network i only get my local computer visible. Is there any other way to access the NAS using Ember ?

Can you access your nas under Windows file explorer? When you select network in explorer does the nas show up? I had a similar problem I just fixed. I changed the network name in my nas, changed it back and rebooted it. Also disconnected my PC from the home group then reconnected. Reboot the PC. Then the nas showed up and has been working.
THANKS ..
(2015-11-29, 23:01)DanCooper Wrote: Is anyone interested to test the alpha pre-release version of the forthcoming beta?
No full changelog, only very important hints, no forum support (only PM)...

Send me a PM with subject "PreRelease"

Hi Dan
Finally find some time to start testing, but only movies so far

I installed in an folder there an existing Ember was (maybe not the best choice) but it's a PITA to do all configurations from scratch
I soon realise that most of them had to be redone anyway Confused

Set up both Ember and Kodi with empty source

Haven't had any major issues except in one area and that's collections
I always do it manually no scraping, just create a name an then add some movies
I have also a folder for all artwork, when I create the set the existing artwork for that set get deleted
The movie selection box is empty only get a lot of checkboxes, if i filter out the result and push it to the left the movie name shows up

Kodi interface setup
Realtime sync is not activated

After scraping a movie a popup saying syncing is OK, nothing in Kodi (that's maybe correct but if so why the popoup?)
Syncing from context menu is OK, Kodi get updated

After scraping my movies in Ember I select all movies and sync to Kodi, in Kodi I see a lot of popup messages that a movie is updated with 'local information only' so not sure if it's Ember writing to Kodi db or it's Kodi importing the .nfo

I test the TV-Shows tomorrow
HI All,

Is this the right place to identify issues in using 1.4.x EMM? I am a long time user of the old EMM v1.3 and YanFoe with a Popcorn A400 with Eversion and YAMJ. I love the utility and want to contribute in some way. I recently started to use it in anger again to try and maintain my smallish movie collection which is mainly in M2TS format on a Windows Home server.

A lot has changed since v1.3 and a lot of the faults in v1.3 appear to have been fixed Smile Yay!! The movie information collection is pretty efficient but there are a few areas that I have found needing a little tweaking.

Shall I go ahead and post?

Cheers
Rip.
(2015-12-02, 16:06)RipStop Wrote: HI All,

Is this the right place to identify issues in using 1.4.x EMM? I am a long time user of the old EMM v1.3 and YanFoe with a Popcorn A400 with Eversion and YAMJ. I love the utility and want to contribute in some way. I recently started to use it in anger again to try and maintain my smallish movie collection which is mainly in M2TS format on a Windows Home server.

A lot has changed since v1.3 and a lot of the faults in v1.3 appear to have been fixed Smile Yay!! The movie information collection is pretty efficient but there are a few areas that I have found needing a little tweaking.

Shall I go ahead and post?

Cheers
Rip.

Right place, right time. We are working on last fixes for next release. Maybe we also can fix your issues.
Hi guys, I was browsing the kodi wiki and clicked on the entry in the wiki for this mediamanager which looked promising. That brought up a page that said the wiki was no longer valid and had moved, so clicked on the link provided, which brought up a page showing a link for downloading the stable version. So clicked on that, which brought up a page which said that that forum thread was no longer valid. So went to the forum root, found and clicked on the ember link there, which brought up a subforum overview but no immediately evident link or thread showing a stable version download option. The first post in the important beta link says a Dan Cooper will post that link. Haven't found that link yet so feeling stupid now and am posting here. What did I miss?? Or is there no such thing as a stable version for this media manager?? Or is it advisable to peruse the 195 pages of this thread??
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8