• 208(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
So installed MSAA in kodi, I have a separate folder for the set stuff (nfo, images etc) and the movies have the set tag in their NFO, but they dont show up, when I run MSAA it says that no sets detected add set tag to nfo.....progress but not there yet lol
(2016-02-05, 12:44)w3bd3vil Wrote: So installed MSAA in kodi, I have a separate folder for the set stuff (nfo, images etc) and the movies have the set tag in their NFO, but they dont show up, when I run MSAA it says that no sets detected add set tag to nfo.....progress but not there yet lol

You have to reload each movie that already was in the Kodi DB if you have added the set.
(2016-02-05, 13:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 12:44)w3bd3vil Wrote: So installed MSAA in kodi, I have a separate folder for the set stuff (nfo, images etc) and the movies have the set tag in their NFO, but they dont show up, when I run MSAA it says that no sets detected add set tag to nfo.....progress but not there yet lol

You have to reload each movie that already was in the Kodi DB if you have added the set.

Usually, if you have say 3 movies that are already loaded into your Kodi database, and you mark them as sets in Ember, nothing happens. MSAA only adds YOUR custom artwork to YOUR pre-defined set. What you will need to do to get the set to show is this;
Highlight EACH movie individually and click [Context Menu/ Manage/ Remove]. Then, re-scan your database to load them all in with the .nfo reflecting the addition of the <set></set> tags. After doing so, go to your SETS area and verify that they are all there. (It will likely have the artwork of your 1st movie, not what you wanted as custom).

After they populate, go to MSAA (with it's settings pointed to your defined artwork path matching your actual set names <--very important). It will scan, and you will see your set names blast through at lightning speed. Then, go check the SETS again. Blammo.! I knew the answer to something!
---------------------------------

Also, for MSAA, you only really need the artwork you plan to use. .nfo isn't needed. The .nfo follows the movie itself. Mine just looks like this:
MovieSetPosters/Narnia-fanart.jpg
MovieSetPosters/Narnia-logo.jpg
MovieSetPosters/Narnia-poster.jpg

These are the only 3 items my skin uses, so I don't get more. Also, notice you can name your set whatever the heck you want, but the art must match. If in Ember, my set is named "The Chronicles of Narnia," nothing would show. I simply have it listed as "Narnia," so they show fine.
Good new year!

Any notice about lauching a mew version?

M tks.
Mew version? Like cat themes?

The updated Ember should be out soon. I think it's tough with so many cool new requests to add on and so many bugs to work out to fulfill those requests. Patience. It's coming!
My body is ready!
(2016-02-09, 06:35)McButton Wrote: Mew version? Like cat themes?

The updated Ember should be out soon. I think it's tough with so many cool new requests to add on and so many bugs to work out to fulfill those requests. Patience. It's coming!

Laugh
Heart 
Thats raight, one day camming to all mortals :-)
Really looking forward to the new version! Been using Ember for years, so happy you guys took it up again and have been developing it. Registered just to say thanks for all your hard work!!
(2016-02-09, 06:35)McButton Wrote: Mew version? Like cat themes?

laaaaaaaaag, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I tried searching for this so if it has been posted would be great if someone can post a link.

I am looking to be able to scrape for a trailer, select the trailer I want, and have that trailer download in the background. Or, maybe even select a bunch of trailers (or, add Youtube links via manual download) and then be able to run them all at once.

I ran the automated "get trailers" scrape function with a bunch of my database selected but then it comes back and there are a good number where the trailer couldn't be found. I have to now wait for each trailer to download and then pop up that it is done before I can do anything else in the program. Any suggestions? If it is not possible now then I guess this is an unofficial feature request instead
(2016-02-15, 23:02)lansing Wrote: I tried searching for this so if it has been posted would be great if someone can post a link.

I am looking to be able to scrape for a trailer, select the trailer I want, and have that trailer download in the background. Or, maybe even select a bunch of trailers (or, add Youtube links via manual download) and then be able to run them all at once.

I ran the automated "get trailers" scrape function with a bunch of my database selected but then it comes back and there are a good number where the trailer couldn't be found. I have to now wait for each trailer to download and then pop up that it is done before I can do anything else in the program. Any suggestions? If it is not possible now then I guess this is an unofficial feature request instead

Scraping the trailer happens when you do the initial .nfo scrape. There isn't really a way to select. It grabs the url and puts in into the text file. "I" use Extended Info script in my skin which, if the trailer isn't available or won't play directly via url access (because some break and/or the youtube addon is currently having issues) you can just click on extended info (shows right on the specific movie info screen [Using Aeon Madnox]) and it lets you pick whatever trailers you want to watch. There can be 1, but there can be a dozen as well. I'd say look at that. It's a rad feature that I've only been using a few months, but it works great. You'll need to make sure whatever skin you use supports it directly. Otherwise, you can click the addon itself and search, but it's not as fun.
Is there any possibility to search movies with no longer available trailers on YouTube?

If you have a very big movie database, it's not really possible to open every movie with "Edit Movie", copy link and check with the browser.

Does the single scrape of trailers check if the trailer is available? Will the no more existing YouTube links be replaced?
I think the trailers pull from IMDB urls by default. You can set the scraping site though. Mine is set to disabled, and the IMDB one still shows as default in the xml file (not Ember settings).

Searching for trailers no longer available isn't a thing. You could just rescrape your whole library for .nfo only. That should give you updated content.

Some skins will default to an option for "search for trailer" (if a url isn't listed) instead of "trailer" that is in the .xml. I like that option better, as it does go out to the internet and find the closest resemblance to the movie and gives a list of options within Kodi.

The single scrape option, I don't believe physically checks that the url is accurate. It pulls from data that is already available as listed in the set scraper as the video's trailer link. It could be entirely wrong or broken, but not likely. If it's there (with a new scrape at least), it's probably going to work.
Dear DanCooper,

Thanks for your work so far. I might have missed something and I have been unable to find an answer to my question why you don't compile new version anymore.
There should be a great reason for that but it make me a little bit sad. You used to share with "all of us" all your great work and now it seems to be accessible only to people who have skills (or want to take time to compile it).

I'm working with the old one, still working fine but I prety sure new functions and fixes have been done.

If there is not other way, I will do it the "new way" even if I disagree a little bit on this approach (again, so far from your itinial sharing process).

Excited to see news coming. Thanks again.
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8