Win EMM on Server 2008 R2 x64 - Failure to Launch
I actually just solved this - I'm putting the info here for others who may encounter this issue.
The solution for this was to install .NET 3.5 from the "Features" section (Features/Roles).
After that I am able to launch without issue it seems.

It might be a tad more helpful if somewhere I was able to see a "Requirements" pre-launch or in an included text file like the changelog.

The only other information I was able to find on the subject was that I should run the version appropriate to my platform (x86 or x64) but the download locations did not have version specific downloads.

I get the following error:
---------------------------
Ember Media Manager
The type initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw an exception.
OK

I downloaded the package from here (version 1.3.0.14.rar):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165012
ftp://ember:[email protected]/E...3.0.14.rar

And unpacked the contents to:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Ember
Move it to a folder outside your program files path or give your local user more privileges to Ember folder
Correct.

Ember (as it stands today) is a "portable application" in other words you have to save it somewhere that is not a protected path (like c:\, program files, etc...) and the user should have all the right on the Ember root folder and underlying ones
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
I suspect that since this is a server install your missing Windows Media Player which is currently necessary if I recall correctly, I had the same issue when I was first developing and couldn't figure it out for the longest time, part of the issue was I was using my work computer to make some changes and testing, try adding Windows Media Player and I believe that should fix your issues.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
I use EMM in windows Server 2012 and no need for media player and I also can keep EMM in programs files folder.
just make sure you run the EXE as administrator.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMM on Server 2008 R2 x64 - Failure to Launch0