build HTPC - need advice
Hello everyone
i build HTPC that XBMC need to be run on.
only XBMC
i play only BlueRay ,no 3D!!1
The machine will be base on Intel Core i3 3220 3.3Ghz 3MB L3 Cache s1155
1. i need motherboard that you recommend to me and why you think what you advice
2. memory card (same ^)

case i have indecision
i have doubts about 3 cases:
NSK2480
silverstone grandia GD05
Silverstone SST-ML03B
3 .what you recommender?
4. i have old supply - Hec 400W ( i bought him in 2008) - is it good or i need to buy new one?

thank you!
As far as the cases, I love the SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black) and have built a few with it.

I like it because it blends in with the surroundings and the other sound equiment. Meaning the focus is on XBMC and not that you crammed all this stuff into a micro box.
Friends are also blown away at the style and like that it has the capacity for adding more components if needed.
I run it without any case fans except I went with the Cooler Master GeminII M4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes and it keeps everything nice and chilly thank you very much!
thanks' i will buy this case.

which motherboard should i get?
the case is a nice case but very poor build quality but that's what u expect for the price and built in china. nice looks to it , internally its sound lots of places to put drives etc but let down by the build quality with its flaws

overall though it is a very nice case dispite the flaws

seasonic ,fsp and antec do nice psu that will do the job , mobo can look into a microatx asrock maybe
do you hace another case to recommend?

i need motherboard - model .
ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard could be a option for mobo

GD05 u mentioned or some of the other silverstones are nice

another option is wait few weeks and see what prices for new haswell i3 will cost
what is the mobo?
why did u choose this Motherboard?

i Can not decide between GD05 and ML03B
wich is more better
CPU - intel I3 core 3220 (1155)
Case - Silverstone ML04B
PSU - Seasonic S12II-430W
SSD - ?
Motherboard?
RAM? -

1. should i take motherboard H77 or B75? and why?
2/ i want 4GB memory, should i take 1600 or 1333?
3/ wich SSD should i choose? i need the smalest - only xbmc run - and max perferomance..

thanks
(2013-09-03, 19:08)aldin Wrote: CPU - intel I3 core 3220 (1155)
Case - Silverstone ML04B
PSU - Seasonic S12II-430W
SSD - ?
Motherboard?
RAM? -

1. should i take motherboard H77 or B75? and why?
2/ i want 4GB memory, should i take 1600 or 1333?
3/ wich SSD should i choose? i need the smalest - only xbmc run - and max perferomance..

thanks

1: http://bit.ly/1a4rdWw

2:1600 mhz

3: Samsung EVO (personal size)

Why 3220 instead of 3225?
Why i3-3xxx instead of i3-4xxx?
(2013-09-03, 23:41)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Why i3-3xxx instead of i3-4xxx?

Very true Smile
(2013-09-01, 12:47)Richard39 Wrote: the case is a nice case but very poor build quality but that's what u expect for the price and built in china. nice looks to it , internally its sound lots of places to put drives etc but let down by the build quality with its flaws

overall though it is a very nice case dispite the flaws

seasonic ,fsp and antec do nice psu that will do the job , mobo can look into a microatx asrock maybe

Guess we're going to have to disagree on this...
Not sure why you think the case is poor build quality,..but then you say it's a nice case. I would say that,..if a case is poor build quality, then IMO,..it would suck.

However,..as I said,...I just don't agree.
The SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B is actually one of the more thought out cases and I really didn't experience or see any flaws. But to each their own.

And as for your "Made in China" comment,....duh,...you really expect anything NOT to be made in China. (no offence on the "duh" expression,..just saying)
(2013-09-04, 16:12)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Guess we're going to have to disagree on this...
Not sure why you think the case is poor build quality,..but then you say it's a nice case. I would say that,..if a case is poor build quality, then IMO,..it would suck.

However,..as I said,...I just don't agree.
The SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B is actually one of the more thought out cases and I really didn't experience or see any flaws. But to each their own.

And as for your "Made in China" comment,....duh,...you really expect anything NOT to be made in China. (no offence on the "duh" expression,..just saying)

yes I agree its very well thought out case etc good look to it and ,but the flaw is on the side of the case where the fan slots are the chassis is misaligned to the front panel and rather than fixing the problem they made the top panel to match the chassis hence I see the noticeable misalignment between the chassis and top panel to the front panel.stuff like this shouldn't of been allowed out of the factory.

also judging from your photos your case has the same flaw
I suppose I didn't focus on that since I didn't use any other fans besides the CPU Cooler.
But even now,.....I must be blind (no comment) because I still don't see this supposed defect.
Anyway,..thanks for trying to point it out. Smile
1. i did it, i want more opinion in here.
2. why? this is really matter?
3. Samsung 840 series are good? i didnt find in my area the EVO

i took the 3220 beacause its more cheeper than the 3225 or the 4000, and i read that its anoth to run Full BlueRay and XBMC
no?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
build HTPC - need advice0