OUYA - Navigating (Up/Down) Problems
My setup: OUYA + XBMC (the build suggested on the wiki) + FLIRC + Harmony Remote (programmed as Sony DVD remote)

So I've set my Harmony to think I'm using a Sony DVD player (as my research tells me that programming it as MCE isn't recommended). And I set up FLIRC as full keyboard mapping with the default XBMC keystrokes.

When I go into a folder (or library) of a long list, and hold DOWN (or UP) and scroll through the list, after a second or so, the sidebar will pop up, as if I pressed LEFT, or sometimes a folder will be entered (or a video plays), as if i pressed OK.

Interesting fact #1: If I just plug in a normal Dell USB keyboard, it works FINE, perfectly even.

Interesting fact #2: If I use the OUYA controller to navigate, the same problem happens as when I use the Harmony + FLIRC.

So... this all tells me that it's PROBABLY not the FLIRC, but I can't conclude if it's an OUYA issue or an XBMC issue.

Any thoughts? I'm trying hard to make this OUYA the perfect little XBMC box (the crashes don't really bother me), but I keep running into the little snags Sad
Additionally, I have connected the FLIRC to my other XBMC box (xbmcbuntu on a dell), and it and the remote work perfectly there. So it's GOTTA be either the OUYA (or Android) or the android XBMC i installed, right?

Later today, I'll install the XBMC from OUYA's Discover and see how that fares.
yup, same situation in the OUYA XBMC app.
SOLVED! I upgraded the FLIRC firmware and then used the FLIRC XBMC device in the Harmony setup. APPEARS to be working like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA - Navigating (Up/Down) Problems0