Wired Connection issue after blackout
First up Hello, I've just joined this forum yet been trolling here for the last few months as a great reference during the set up of my Media network, my IT knowledge was ziltch before starting my network build so can thank my self taught knowledge to this forum so a Big thanks to everyone involved, great stuff.

Forgive me if this has been covered in here before but I cant locate anything or perhaps not savvy enough with the right terminology to search effectively,

The issue I have is when I have is after a blackout at our house it XBMC does not reestab lish the wired connection to my NAS. I presume this is due to the XIOS and XBMC booting up faster than my NAS and/or Router. I have to manually go into the settting and reset the connection then alls good again.

Is there an easy fix to either delay the connection or better still to recheck the wired connection every so often if not detectedHuh

My system:
Synology NAS 212J
3 Pivos XIOS boxes wired via switch to router then to NAS
XBMC 12.0 Frodo

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided

Smahin
try this

Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local

then add this line above exit at the bottom

Code:
service network-manager restart
Press THANK USER if I Help
Thanks for your reply AuXBoX,

I dont follow exactly. Although the only 'ect' directory I could find contains a drop bear folder, I can't locate a rc.local code/file anywhere. A quick google on rc.local looks like coding relating to the raspberry pi and not Pivos XIOS.

Cheers for any clarification.

I would imagine most ppl using a NAS would have a similar issue which is why I'm supprised I can't locate any thread on it.

Thanks in advance
Smashin Smile
Is it a linux version youve got?

Its not ect but etc

You need to open a terminal window if you have a Linux version

CTRL+ALT+F2
Press THANK USER if I Help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wired Connection issue after blackout0