import?
Wink 
Hello,

I want to import the new NEXTPVR 6.2 addon into XBMC 2.12 on my Windows7 box. It currently has old version 1.6.
I have installed the NEXTPVR 6.2 by itself and it works and finds TV channels.
How do I bring it into XBMC as an addon PVR? I haven't discovered how to do this.

I am a novice XBMC user, but love it to death, and have virtually ditched Windows Media Center, which always stuffed up my album art and is now corrupted somewhat?
In XBMC you need to enable the NextPVR addon, and set the address of the server. If it's on the same machine, you can use the address 127.0.0.1
I do not have access to NPVR addon 6.2. It is not in XBMC, only the old 1.6 version? I cannot enable unless it is available? That was why my question was about importing the new 6.2 into XBMC?
To be honest, I don't follow what you're asking. There is no 6.2 of NextPVR or XBMC addon.
Sorry - 2.6.2 version.
Ok, so you've got NextPVR 2.6.2 installed and working. What exactly is going wrong for your in XBMC? Have enabled live tv support in the XBMC settings, and enabled the NextPVR PVR addon?
yes, enabled Live TV. When I go to the PVR addons, there is not a version of NPVR 2.6 available to enable or to install?
I'll have a look at the NPVR settings again, but if I remember right, the IP address is 127.0.0.1 standard. This is the same as on XBMC setting but will check too? Am I right thinking that XBMC is a client to NPVR and that the latter's service must be running?
(2013-09-01, 08:49)lucidoobe Wrote: yes, enabled Live TV. When I go to the PVR addons, there is not a version of NPVR 2.6 available to enable or to install?
Odd, it's supposed to be there. Sorry, I don't know.

Are you maybe using an Android version of XBMC, or other less common version of XBMC, and whoever built that version didn't also build the XBMC PVR addons?
No, it is not an Android version. It is Frodo on a windows7 machine, working well with weather, music, videos, pictures, playlists. One thing I have noticed, when I reset the PVR database, the program totally freezes and I have to go to taskmanager to turn off the application?

Also, after checking NPVR settings, I have it set as "clientPC". Is this correct?

Maybe I should totally uninstall XBMC, do a registry clean, and re-install it?

I actually enabled a PVR with another name last night, but then the sound beeps and a bottom message screen right says "PVR X lost connection". It continues to do this every so many seconds. I had tried others in the past, including NPVR 1.6, and it did the same thing?
Sorry - I don't know why you wouldn't have the NextPVR addon listed in XBMC. Maybe try a different build of XBMC.
(2013-09-01, 02:48)lucidoobe Wrote: I do not have access to NPVR addon 6.2. It is not in XBMC, only the old 1.6 version? I cannot enable unless it is available? That was why my question was about importing the new 6.2 into XBMC?

There's no problem here 1.6.x is the correct version of the client addon 2.6.2 is the version of the backend.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
import?0