Marketplace???
Can we set up a marketplace perhaps in order to sell our htpc's and other items we r upgrading that might help some newbees out who might need a system already in place?

Examples may be:

Atv 1st gens running open elec/ crystalbuntu,
Htpc's we are upgrading
Tbb
Android platforms
Midnight boxes

And so onHuh
It's been brought up before, and the Team didn't like the idea of being held responsible if someone got screwed over in a transaction. I think it would be a great idea as a third party website, but I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that (transactions, some kind of protection for both sellers and site owner, etc).

I do like the idea. I was even thinking the other day about some kind of HTPC Freecycle concept that would be really cool. I've got a bunch of odd little parts and stuff that I wouldn't mind giving away to a good home, or trading with someone else for another part. It would just have to be done on another site.
Could it not be a forum section on here but each thread is created by the seller who puts up a link to their Ebay auction/buy it now?

The buyers can ask questions, see how long and how much they have contributed to the forum and so on.

The users get to show off and chat about what they are selling but all the business side of it is on Ebay.

It could have a full HTPC section, a parts section and a free section by which the traders PM each other about the swap.
I doubt the Team would feel comfortable with any of it being done on xbmc.org, even if it was just leaving links. At one point I think it could have happened, but then all the Android sellers came and they try to make fake user posts, trying to sneak past detection by saying "what about this? I hear it's really great!".

It's a sucky situation, because I don't think there would be an issue with the community itself. :\
-1e6, no. this would be quickly abused by android box shills and other quick buck shamsters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marketplace???0