Linux Will the VRC-1100 remote work with the Antec Fusion 430 Black?
The stock remote control for my Antec Fusion 430 Black has died, and so I need a new clicker. As one may assume from the subject of this post, I'm looking to get a VRC-1100, but before purchasing it, I'd like to be certain that it will, in fact, work properly with my Fusion 430 Black running XBMCbuntu. Can anybody confirm for me that it will? I'm given to understand to under that it comes with USB IR receiver. If it doesn't work with the onboard receiver, would it work with the USB receiver and send the signals it detects directly to XBMC?

I assume it will, with IR receiver or another, but I have a dearth of expertise in this particular area, and I'd rather not go through the time and hassle of purchasing something based solely on an assumption that it'll work, doing so has rarely worked out very well for me in the past.
Perhaps before buying anything. Is it worth contacting Antec to see if they'll replace your remote? And in the mean time find out the type of IR receiver is built in to help narrow down the list of IR compatible remotes?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

The very first place I went was the Antec website, and though the remote is listed on their online store, it's listed as out of stock. I've contacted them via email, and asked if and when the remote may again available, and I was informed by whomever it was to whom I spoke that he was uncertain whether they still had any, but he would get someone to check their warehouse. That was a week ago yesterday..In the intervening time, I've made a furied attempt to learn exactly what you suggest, but have been entirely unsuccessful. Not for lack of trying, however. I've become increasingly doubtful that anyone from Antec will even respond to my email, let alone respond with good news. Which is why I've begun to look elsewhere..
That's fine Smile great job! Wasn't trying to tell you what to do.

The USB receiver that your new remote comes with should work direct with XBMC.

But ideally you want RC6 compatible.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Thanks for the tip.. Is an RC6 remote guaranteed to work with the Fusion running XBMCbuntu? I'm not entirely trusting of cross-platform compatibility. Ideally I'd like something into which I can just plug the batteries and then start using. Attaching an external receiver is no issue at all, provided I can just plug that in, too, and have it automatically work..
http://www.maplin.co.uk/windows-media-ce...rol-218643

Is the one I have. But I use a harmony 300 with it instead.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the VRC-1100 remote work with the Antec Fusion 430 Black?0