XBMC transcoding question (noob alert)
I have already searched the forums but I am still immensely confused.

I use XBMC on my laptop and WDTV Live to watch my movies/shows in the living room via UPnP. Simple and easy and it just works with my 1080p Bluray DTS huge files (10gb+) without a glitch or buffer.

I have since moved around the TV to another room dedicated to entertainment and here in lies the problem. The room get's poor wifi signal, it can play my 720p shows no problem but my 1080p Bluray movies buffer and stutter a lot.

My question is, is it possible to transcode on the fly, my 1080p movies to a lower 720p quality so it streams without buffering? I read that this feature is coming in Gotham but in the meantime is there a hack or other software that can do this (besides plex) for me. I don't want to convert manually as I have taken the time to convert my Blurays into high quality mkv files.

for example here is what I want to do: XBMC > Transcode 1080p to 720p on PC > Send to WDTV via UPnP > Big smile on my face

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!
Use a transcoding server like PS3 Media Server.
(2013-09-02, 13:42)Ned Scott Wrote: Use a transcoding server like PS3 Media Server.

will give it a try.

since your here, will a setting like this most likely come to XBMC Gotham?
I have no idea when it will be done. *shrug*
(2013-09-02, 13:42)Ned Scott Wrote: Use a transcoding server like PS3 Media Server.

worked like a charm! thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC transcoding question (noob alert)0