Multi Site Media Solution
So at home I have a PC setup with XBMC, Headphones, Couch Potato & Sickbeard. I'm happy with this setup but have stumbled across a new challenge and was wondering if there was someone who had come up with a solution. i have another house (holiday house near a lake).

When I go there I don't what to carry my entire server around and I know I could copy stuff onto an external hard drive. But I was thinking, would it be possible to setup some sort of service on my server at home that my smaller PC at the lake could look at and then just shift the files that I need. I was thinking something like Sickbeard looking at a folder over the internet and pulling the files that we required for the series that i was watching at the time. I wouldn't want everything as we would only be watching TV on days we couldn't be outdoors. I know there is the manual post processing section of sick beard and I could possibly get this to talk to the server at home via a VPN but is there not say a way to get sick beard to use my server at home to look up files instead of a Usenet server and then pass the info to a file copy program (or FTP or something) that can be scheduled (bandwidth restriction on the internet at the lake house, midnight to morning downloading is way cheaper).

Like I said, just an idea I had and was wondering how other people get around this...
I think you can do that with any recent NAS device. Just give it a public IP address and user/pass for security.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Site Media Solution0