• 4(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
(2013-09-04, 02:23)Jhey Wrote: Tried deleting them, reinstalled skin, it's still same problem Sad

As I've said - debug log could tell us more.

(2013-09-03, 22:57)Atinkler Wrote: Pecinko I'm still having a problem with the quit menu. I only have quit option available. All others are greyed out and not selectable from the menu's configuration
odd because it's fine on my other pi

Skin uses a check System.CanReboot or similar - if that operation is reported by your system as supported on that platform it won't be available. Similar, if you don't have login screen enabled it won't give you LogOff, etc

(2013-09-03, 18:55)abcabc Wrote: - Video OSD to top of the screen & progress-bar to bottom (to not overlap subtitles)
- Recently added, Recommended and Random into 1 row below the menu (like it was before) ?OPTIONAL?

- This won't be changed. It would look weird (to me at least) to have OSD on top and you can always pause and then fiddle with settings. Shortly I don't see the case where OSD gets in the way.
- This is more work than it might look like. I will probably implement hidden shelf that would reveal itself upon pushing up but I need to think about a way it can be achieved.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 20:59)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 11:03)XBMC4me Wrote: It would completely suit my needs having "3D" in the filename thus resulting in a 3D-Thumb/Label if a file contains "3D".

It looks like the only way to do it currently is to hammer the list items in order to filter 3D from folder and file names. I'm trying to avoid that kind of "brute force" attack approach in Amber.

No chance to use media flags (is there any standard for 3D Bluray?) instead of filtering into different folders?
My idea would be to search file- or directory name for '3D' and then add a 3D-flag.
cU

xbmc4me
LOVE this skin! Thanks for all the work on this Smile

Yesterday I noticed that an update for Amber was pushed out! The new additions are great Smile I'm using PleXBMC 3.2.2 with Frodo 12.2 and Amber. Question: I like the updated "shelf" display for Recently Added Music Albums and Channels, but I do not see this option for Movies and TV Shows...Is that not yet active for Plex Movie and TV sections? Thanks!

-Bitwize
Just saw this skin through discussions of what skin to use on a Raspberry Pi. Cannot wait to try it out tonight on the PCs.
(Heh heh, like the Iron Maiden screenshot!)
is it possible to add favourite channels as shelf items for live tv? when pressing left on live tv, nothing happens (as expected) would it be possible for the options to pick epg, radio, tv etc menu to be there, like when entering live tv
Hi pecinko,

I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your work on this skin. I'm running it on both of my Raspberry Pis (one 256 and one 512) and it works great for me.

Keep up the good work.
(2013-09-03, 09:50)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 07:50)XBMC4me Wrote: is there a possibility in amber to display 3D-labels/cases/thumbnails for 3d mkv's?

Not ATM. I'm not sure if XBMC reports that as video attribute somehow or is it supposed to be derived from a filename?

(2013-09-03, 07:40)dhead Wrote: The only thing I noticed that I don't like is the lyrics window, it doesn't look like part of the skin and I don't think that the player controls need to be a part of it.

Yup, I don't use lyrics so I haven't really paid much attention to that part of the skin. Toiva?

(2013-09-03, 02:05)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: 1.) Noticed context menu does not work inside Movies or TV Shows. (Gotham and Frodo)
2.) Also the orange ball does seem to show up on the right hand side when you are trying to scroll down pages at a time. (Works on Gotham doesn't work on Frodo)

Both works fine on my end? I need more info about second problem - what screen do you have in mind?

Looks like the context does work but you need to hold for about 1/2 second. I'm used to just pressing C or the button on my iOS app but I need to hold for a bit for it to show.

Also I resolved the orange ball issue. It must be related to the widget. I uninstalled the skin and reinstalled and everything is good now. Great job Smile

Any chance for a small weather widget ?
(2013-09-04, 15:42)Bitwize360 Wrote: Yesterday I noticed that an update for Amber was pushed out! The new additions are great Smile I'm using PleXBMC 3.2.2 with Frodo 12.2 and Amber. Question: I like the updated "shelf" display for Recently Added Music Albums and Channels, but I do not see this option for Movies and TV Shows...Is that not yet active for Plex Movie and TV sections? Thanks!

It is there. Problem probably is, plexbmc is fetching "aggregated" recent/ondeck items. This means that if you add several music albums they may push out movies and shows. Once you add new movie or episode it will appear on shelf.

(2013-09-05, 07:15)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: Any chance for a small weather widget ?

Not really interested as I don't check weather conditions before picking up a movie to watch.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Big Grin
Smile 
(2013-09-04, 21:12)Cy-4 Wrote: I'm running it on both of my Raspberry Pis (one 256 and one 512) and it works great for me.
Me too - works a treat! Tremendious work pecinko Laugh

And i love the new Amber icon.
  • Swipe up to Favourites - Thinks it's been mentioned before, I've updated to the v1.0 release from 0.4x and the swipe up to self seems to have gone(?) This was super useful to get me to my Favourites such as Revision3, Best of Youtube, 4OD etc so would like to vote for this to make a reappearance!

Take it easy,

Carl.
I love this skin.

Two questions, one a much bigger deal than the other.

1. When using a visualization, playing back music, the bottom part of the screen fades out. It's sort of a nice effect, but I want to see the whole visualization.

Is there some way to remove the "fading out at the bottom" effect?

2. A minor detail, but is there any way to remove the clock from the screen?

Thanks for your work on this skin. Even with the minor issues mentioned above, this is my favorite skin.
(2013-09-06, 03:54)AJayy Wrote: I love this skin.

1. When using a visualization, playing back music, the bottom part of the screen fades out. It's sort of a nice effect, but I want to see the whole visualization. I've only tested with Milkdrop, but that's THE visualization program, IMO. If I changes skins, it's not a problem.

Thanks for your work on this skin. Even with the minor issues mentioned above, this is my favorite skin.

Well, I've figured out the key item. I removed <texture>img/DefaultGradient.png</texture> from the MusicVisualisation.xml file. I like the effect, but for a visualization, I think it's out of place.

I've also largely figured out the clock issue as well. Removed a lot of <include>Time</include>. I still need to figure out how to remove it from the video playback control.
(2013-09-06, 09:21)AJayy Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 03:54)AJayy Wrote: I love this skin.

1. When using a visualization, playing back music, the bottom part of the screen fades out. It's sort of a nice effect, but I want to see the whole visualization. I've only tested with Milkdrop, but that's THE visualization program, IMO. If I changes skins, it's not a problem.

Well, I've figured out the key item. I removed <texture>img/DefaultGradient.png</texture> from the MusicVisualisation.xml file. I like the effect, but for a visualization, I think it's out of place.

I've also largely figured out the clock issue as well. Removed a lot of <include>Time</include>. I still need to figure out how to remove it from the video playback control.

And now I've figured out my final piece. Had to remove a couple of "clocks" from DialogSeekBar.xml.

I realize that the clock / time issues are probably pretty small. (I just don't like to know what time it is during a party -- personal preference that's probably not too common.) But the gradient issue for the visualization seems like something that might bother others.

But regardless, great skin!
does anyone have the skin view numbers 50 - List view etc
Hi

Love this skin!
Works really well on my Pi

So much so I joined the forum so I could ask about it

Can anyone tell me if there is a reason why any favourites I add do not have cover art. The folder is linked to my library and the films have covers but when I create a favourite for the folder it has no cover art?

Can anyone help? It's the only problem I have with an otherwise great skin!

Thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10