MySQL & Openelec/Rpi
Been trying for days to get my Openelec Rpi to synchronise library databases with MySQL server on my main Windows 7 HTPC. Followed the guides in the Wiki and the howtogeek guide with no success and spent hours googling to find the issue. I have the MySQL database created and populated, advancedsettings.xml set up identically on both the HTPC and Rpi and in the correct place etc. The issue appears to be that when the Rpi scans for content (have both installation sources set to SMB shares) it doesn't see the advancedsettings.xml file. I have it in 192.168.0.60/userdata/ (static IP for my Rpi).

Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/G16C6uxu
this file advancedsettings.xml should be located in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/ not sure what 192.168.0.60/userdata/ maps to but based on your log it does not look like it is picking up the mysql settings in advancedsettings.xml.
יונתן בן-חיים
Also make sure the advancedsettings.xml file is saved in Unix file format, and double check it is valid xml etc.

At the moment, your advancedsettings.xml file is not being read at all, either because you've dropped it in the wrong location, or it is corrupt/not a valid xml file. If you're using Windows, make sure it hasn't tacked ".txt" on to the end of the filename.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
192.168.0.60 is the static IP I have assigned to my RPi. I've placed advancedsettings.xml into 192.168.0.60/userdata/ using windows explorer and I assumed it mapped to the correct directory. How do I navigate to /storage/.xbmc/userdata/? When I look at the RPi directory using putty there only appears to be root/.xbmc/userdata/ and my advancedsettings.xml file is in there!

It's definitely a .xml document and not .txt (having made that mistake before).

Sorry for the elementary questions, I'm more or less a linux virgin...
(2013-09-03, 11:23)Roanr Wrote: How do I navigate to /storage/.xbmc/userdata/?

Code:
cd /storage/.xbmc/userdata

Paste the output of the "df" command, it should include the /storage mount point.

If you don't have a /storage directory (mount point), you're not running OpenELEC or your installation is horribly broken.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-03, 11:29)MilhouseVH Wrote: Paste the output of the "df" command, it should include the /storage mount point.

Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                 59168       112     59056   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1          127730     98524     29206  77% /flash
/dev/mmcblk0p2          774064     85832    648912  12% /storage
/dev/loop0               89216     89216         0 100% /
tmpfs                    24444         0     24444   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                    10240       492      9748   5% /var

This is the directory into which my advancedsettings.xml is placed:

openelec:~/.xbmc/userdata # ls -all

Code:
total 80
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 ..
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Sep  2 23:36 Database
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          2060 Jan  1  1970 LCD.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           452 Jan  1  1970 RssFeeds.xml
drwxr-xr-x   19 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 Thumbnails
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 addon_data
-rwxr--r--    1 root     root           518 Sep  2 18:34 advancedsettings.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         20390 Sep  3 00:06 guisettings.xml
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 keymaps
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 library
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Sep  2 22:35 peripheral_data
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Jan  1  1970 playlists
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           897 Sep  3 00:06 profiles.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1026 Sep  2 23:26 sources.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           217 Sep  2 22:41 upnpserver.xml

Output from within putty of my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.20</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.20</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

192.168.0.20 is my main HTPC/server IP. Inbound and outbound TCP and UDP on port 3306 are allowed in my firewall exceptions. I'm totally stumped but there may well be something obvious I'm missing...
Are you missing the "<advancedsettings>" opening tag, or is that just an error in the copy & paste?
(2013-09-03, 19:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: Are you missing the "<advancedsettings>" opening tag, or is that just an error in the copy & paste?

Just a copy & paste error on my part
It all looks OK, can you upload another xbmc.log?

Your last log definitely had no advnacedsettings.xml file (or it was unreadable) as it contains the following line (#55):
Code:
00:00:26 T:3048079360  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)

If XBMC has read in your advancedsettings.xml file you should see it output in the log, starting at about line #55 (after the system-wide advancedsettings.xml).

The only other thing to try would be saving the file in Unix format; XBMC should be OK reading files in Windows format, but I'm clutching at straws now... To convert from Windows format to Unix format:

Code:
cd /storage/.xbmc/userdata
mv advancedsettings.xml advancedsettings.xml.bak
cat advancedsettings.xml.bak | tr -d "\r" > advancedsettings.xml
sync
reboot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL & Openelec/Rpi0