remote communication server failed to start
Hey
I've recently downloaded XBMC, and was pretty happy about the program itself. But suddenly today there has been this weird error message popping up (remote communication server failed to start) and I can't use any of the add-ons/ download new ones. Even after uninstalling & reinstalling the program the problem persists. I've searched several forums but none of the solutions i've seen worked for me, as most were actually made for Mac OS

Any help?

Greetings and thanks in advance (:
Anyone?
Even after fully deleting everything related to XBMC and reinstalling, it still doesnt work. Anyone maybe? Sad
Enable debug logging in XBMC, restart XBMC and wait for the error to occur. Upload your debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
I am getting the same error on a new clean install in win7 ultimate 64bit. here is my start-up log.

www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=142865

I do see an error on line 339.

any help would be appreciated.
I just recently installed Kodi 17.6. I went to add some downloads and I can’t even do the. It tells me that I’m not connected. But I do have a WiFi connection and when I go through my setting it asks for some proxy info. I don’t have that. Any ideas how I can get around this problem.
Why are you reviving a 3 year old thread to ask this?

Anyway to receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote communication server failed to start1