WIP Anyway to code xbmc to play theme music while browsing movies?
So I found this https://github.com/brentosmith/xbmc-dvdextras and I like it but I dont like that I have to press "i" to get the music to play. I was wondering is there a way to edit the xml to have it play music if you stop when scrolling on a movie for a set time? Say Im scrolling and I stop on Oblivion for 1 second, then it plays the music?
+1
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
would love this for the browsing of movie sets - when opening a movie set the theme could play
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Maybe with using TVTunes as a workaround :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925

With a theme.mp3 at the right place but may be skin have to be modded.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
bump
+1
I have suggested your idea as a future mod for the DVD Extras AddOn. Don't know if it will happen or not though. There is a chance that there would be a system performance penalty when using this.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wgstarks +1 - you would be calling the movie folders quite often more than likely - you will notice less fluidity in the browsing of movies - less so if you use the idea for sets (I remember the workaround for extrafanart slowed down browsing as xbmc had to browse the extrafanart folder every time you hovered on a movie)
Although even with a touch less fluidity I think its a great idea
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Yes I would love this feature.
(2013-09-10, 23:36)fabes253 Wrote: Yes I would love this feature.

You may want to just subscribe to this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125024. That way you can follow the progress of the addon and make suggestions as it develops.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Sound like TVTunes addon can do the job.

Need more testing but playing theme.mp3 when browsing movie library (movie and movieset) is playing Big Grin

(2013-09-25, 17:34)mikebzh44 Wrote: Sound like TVTunes addon can do the job.

Need more testing but playing theme.mp3 when browsing movie library (movie and movieset) is playing Big Grin

It still has some problems to be worked out, but it's actively supported and I'm sure it will progress fairly rapidly from the look of things.
I haven't seen that rob_webset had already patch TVTunes to read theme.mp3 for movies;

This afternoon, I have also modifie code to play theme.mp3 when browsing movies and movisets (when movies from moviesets are grouped).

I will post my code on TVTune thread tomorrow.

Sounds like a great addition.
Most excellent ! but then wouldn't one need a scraper to scrape Movie themes ? cause trying to get >1000 themes will be a really tedious job.
maybe tvtunes could be slighly modified and a movie theme scraper added . so if the movies folder is set and "movietheme" or "movie tunes" could then scrape all the movies & download reciprocal themes.
So we need
1- someone who has a collection of movie themes to setup a scraper
2- scraper integration into DVD Extras or TV Tunes with modification of code
could this be done ?

guess rob_webset is already doing all this ,
where have I been ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to code xbmc to play theme music while browsing movies?0