MySQL issues
Hi,

I just got a Raspberry Pi and installed RaspBMC. I also installed XBMC on my media server, which is a Win 7 box. That same box runs a MySQL install and I have successfully gotten both the Win 7 box and the RPi to use the central MySQL database for the libraries. I then installed the Watchdog addon, on only the Win 7 box. Both the Win 7 box and the Pi are on 24/7.

The addon works fine, when I drag a new file into the source folder for my Movies, Watchdog automatically and instantly updates the library on the Win 7 box and therefore the SQL database. The movie then shows up under "Movies" on the Win 7 install of XBMC right away. I then run downstairs and look at my RPi. I click into "Movies" on the RPi and the new movie is not listed, even though it is now added to the SQL database that the RPi pulls from. I then click back to "Home" and I can see the movie under "Recently Added Movies" and I can click on it from there. However, when clicking back into the "Movies" library, it still isn't listed there. A refresh of the library or a restart of the RPi will make it all show up properly under the "Movies" area of the library, but so far that is the only way I can get it to show up correctly.

Is there any way to get this syncing to work more seamlessly -- i.e., when adding a new movie to the database, having it show up instantly across all installations? I would like to solve this issue as I plan on buying more RPis for my other TVs once I have this one working the way I want it, and having them all sync from this same library.
I use MySQL and pi's ATV's and other systems and dont experience what you are reporting.
when an item is added to the library it shows up all all devices under recently added movies or episodes without having to reboot or refresh the library.

So you say you see the new movie under "Recently Added Movies" I am assuming you mean under the items list on the home screen but you do not see it under recently added movies in the library?

Can you post a debug log (wiki) so we can see your advancedsettings.xml data...
יונתן בן-חיים
strangely, it worked when I added another file. suppose it may have been a one-off problem. I will post a debug log if the issue continues. thanks for your reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL issues0