Win PVR backend recommendation?
I'm totally new to XBMC and as I understand I need another software (PVR backend) to use my TV tuner card.
Question is which one you would recommend?

I've Windows 8 PC with Gigabyte GT-P8000 card which supports DVB-T and also Analog TV.
Currently I'm using Presto! PVR (by NewSoft) which came with card and it works fine, only it uses wrong encoding for EPG (I can't change it) and it's old version (2009 year). That company have abandoned this software and there's no updates.

So I'm looking for some alternatives. I would prefer Open Source as I'm developer myself and could contribute when I've time.

Also BTW I've DigiLine 7000 HD set-top box (it's like Dreambox) which is connected over Composite to PC card. It runs some embedded Linux and I can telnet into it. So would be nice if I could use/stream over Ethernet.

In summary I need one backend for Windows 8 PC or some integrated solution all in one TV player. And it would be nice, but maybe it's not possible another backend for embedded Linux with MIPS CPU.

Thanks Smile
I can't recommend any software for Windows (I tried NextPVR on a friend's computer and swore never to use PVR software on Windows again), but regarding your Dreambox there seems to be a work in progress addon here.
(2013-09-06, 13:54)negge Wrote: I can't recommend any software for Windows
Dont' be ass. He explicitly asked for *WINDOWS* backend recommendation. Stacks of people are using Windows PVR backends - and you can be sure most would find it a hell of a lot easier to set up a Windows backend, or are just not interested in using a Linux backend.
I still gave a pointer on his second question. And I think you're confusing the meaning of "can't recommend" with "don't recommend". My personal experience with Windows PVR software has been so bad that I wouldn't, couldn't and won't recommend it to anyone. Whatever someone decides is up to them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR backend recommendation?0