Linux Timeshift is only working for 2-3 seconds
Hello. I am using Linux 13.04 with XBMC 12.2 Frodo. There's also a sat-usb adapter installed. As backend software I am using tvheadend.

Timer-recording and watching live-tv is working well. If I select a new channel the message "zwischenspeichern...." is displayed without error message.

But timeshift makes trouble. In tvheadend I configured a path to store it on my ssd but I do not find any file in that folder!?! Why?
Now if I watch live-tv and press the "pause" key the picture is freezed (ok). If I want to continue playback for a short time (about 2-3 seconds) all seems to be ok but after the 3 seconds the timeshift playback is abourted and the live-tv is displayed.
It is also not possble to get forward and backward in the timeshift.

How can I find where the problem is?
1. Make sure you check the "Unlimited" checkboxes when configuring timeshift in tvheadend.

2. Make sure the directory you've chosen for timeshift data is writable by the tvheadend user (usually "hts"). The following command should do the trick:

Code:
sudo chown -R hts /path/to/timeshift
Hi. Thanks! I didn t enable unlimited. Hope my small SSD dont become full throught timeshift. ;-)
Thank you. Its solved!
It's not necessary to check "Unlimited", though it seems it has fixed weird issues in the past.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift is only working for 2-3 seconds1