XBMC addon for Dropbox. Features:
- Browse your dropbox files and folders in the Pictures, Videos, Music and Programs menus
- Pictures: View dropbox pictures (with slideshow of XBMC)
- Videos: View dropbox videos
- Music: Play dropbox music
- Programs: Browse all files and folders
- Dropbox files are cached to local disk/location for smooth performance
- Delete, copy, move, upload and download files in/to Dropbox
- Create folders in Dropbox
- Search for files/folders in Dropbox
- One way (dropbox to local) synchronization service (from version 0.6.1)
Notice when using the synchronizing service
This service is a one way synchronization only! From Dropbox to local. So:
No files will be added/uploaded to Dropbox, which are added locally
No Dropbox items will be removed or changed when removed or changed locally (on a new new sync they will be put back)
Important: If you are on a platform, for which the native Dropbox Application is available, use that! That is a much better working, more stable and more safe than this service. This service has been created for the platforms which are not supported by Dropbox (like Raspbmc).
Check the Dropbox site for their native Application.
The addon uses the OAuth 2.0 process for accessing the dropbox data. It means that you only have to login to dropbox once to get the authorization code for this addon. The addon uses this code to access your dropbox account. The Web Viewer addon (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Web_Viewer) is used for displaying and logging into the Dropbox website to authorize the addon. You should use this WebViewer. An external browser (like on your phone or PC) is not supported.
1. Open the Dropbox addon (in the Pictures/Music/Videos menu)
2. A popup will appear, saying that a Dropbox Authorization is required. Press 'OK'
3. A keyboard popup will appear, requesting your dropbox username. Type in your dropbox username (email)
4. Now the WebViewer is started and the Dropbox website is automatically loaded. The password field is highlighted and you should press <enter> (or select key).
5. The keyboard popup is shown again. Now enter your Dropbox password. Select 'OK' when done.
6. Use the down arrow to select the "Sign in" button and press <enter> again.
7. A new page will be loaded and the "Cancel" and "Allow" buttons will be visible. Select the "Allow" button and press <enter>.
8. A popup is shown. The authorization is finished and the WebViewer can be closed (select "yes").
The access code is automatically stored in your addon settings and now you should be able to use the addon.