• 13(current)
Release Dropbox addon
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with getting this plugin working on my Pi B+ with OSMC.

The app is installed and when I enter it I can see all of my folders and files. Whenever I click on a picture, however, the screen goes blank. I also don't see any thumbnails.

I have had this error pop up:

EDDOR: [Errno 2] No Su... /osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/default.py

Can someone please aid me in this? Cheers.
(2015-05-01, 16:18)freezer12 Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with getting this plugin working on my Pi B+ with OSMC.

The app is installed and when I enter it I can see all of my folders and files. Whenever I click on a picture, however, the screen goes blank. I also don't see any thumbnails.

I have had this error pop up:

EDDOR: [Errno 2] No Su... /osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/default.py

Can someone please aid me in this? Cheers.
The pictures aren't directly available. They need to be cached(downloaded) to your Pi first.
Please read: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Dbmc#Cachin...ming_media
Thanks.

When it still doesn't work after waiting some time, please provide me some (debug) logging so that I can investigate.
See also: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
(2015-05-08, 13:43)josetaza Wrote: The pictures aren't directly available. They need to be cached(downloaded) to your Pi first.
Please read: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Dbmc#Cachin...ming_media
Thanks.

When it still doesn't work after waiting some time, please provide me some (debug) logging so that I can investigate.
See also: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Thanks mate, that makes sense. I've managed to sync the pictures but the sync feature, despite being set to 5 minutes, syncs intermittently. I'm not sure why this is, even after restarting the pi it does not sync. I'm using the pi as a noticeboard in our workplace and I really love the ability to sync to Dropbox and have it play over the TV, but I need to be able to ensure it updates within a reasonable time period - any idea why this isn't happening, or how I can get the pi to refresh the screensaver so it shows the updated DB pics?

Love your work, btw, the addon is excellent.
(2015-05-11, 10:53)freezer12 Wrote: Thanks mate, that makes sense. I've managed to sync the pictures but the sync feature, despite being set to 5 minutes, syncs intermittently. I'm not sure why this is, even after restarting the pi it does not sync. I'm using the pi as a noticeboard in our workplace and I really love the ability to sync to Dropbox and have it play over the TV, but I need to be able to ensure it updates within a reasonable time period - any idea why this isn't happening, or how I can get the pi to refresh the screensaver so it shows the updated DB pics?

Love your work, btw, the addon is excellent.

I don't known why it would sync intermittently. It can happen that the sync (downloading new items) takes longer than 5 minutes. But a new sync should start immediately again when the previous sync finished.
I'm not familiar with the screensaver or how it works. Sorry about that.
Seems I've run into problems with OSMC / DBMC 0.9.2 too, short summary is the OSMC-skin is indirectly causing a 'black screen' problem in DBMC.

First of all, thanks for making DBMC, it's exactly what I needed. Only thing is, it doesn't cooperate with the OSMC default skin (which is a different skin than Kodi default!).

I just installed DBMC 0.9.2 from the zipfile from Sourceforge on my Pi 2. The newest version in Kodi-repository seems to be 0.8.1, it is missing in Helix-repository.
My OSMC is the "newest" version RC something to which I manually applied al updates. OK, admitting here, I did last full update a week ago or so.

I can add my DropBox account fine, authentication / PIN etc. works. I see my folders in my account and I go to the Dropbox Photo folder. Opening any picture in DBMC gave me a black screen.

Reading the kodi.log file, the error (missing control 32 / progressbar) is pointing me to skin problems. So I change the skin from the OSMC skin to the default-skin (Confluence), and guess what, DBMC is working now.

Probably means some skin elements DBMC is relying on are missing from the default OSMC skin. Which means it's a "bug" in OSMC and not in DBMC maybe - but I thought I might report back anyway for other people running into this problem as a reference.

For your pleasure, here's the Python-error thrown:
Code:
20:59:24 T:1751290912  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
20:59:24 T:1751290912  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:59:27 T:1785369632  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
20:59:27 T:1726125088   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 32
20:59:27 T:1726125088   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/resources/lib/dropboxviewer.py", line 366, in run
                                                self._progress.update(self._itemsHandled, self._itemsTotal)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/resources/lib/dropboxprogress.py", line 70, in update
                                                self.getControl(self.PROGRESS_BAR).setPercent(percent)
                                            RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 32
(2015-05-16, 23:30)hkwint Wrote: Seems I've run into problems with OSMC / DBMC 0.9.2 too, short summary is the OSMC-skin is indirectly causing a 'black screen' problem in DBMC.

First of all, thanks for making DBMC, it's exactly what I needed. Only thing is, it doesn't cooperate with the OSMC default skin (which is a different skin than Kodi default!).

I just installed DBMC 0.9.2 from the zipfile from Sourceforge on my Pi 2. The newest version in Kodi-repository seems to be 0.8.1, it is missing in Helix-repository.
My OSMC is the "newest" version RC something to which I manually applied al updates. OK, admitting here, I did last full update a week ago or so.

I can add my DropBox account fine, authentication / PIN etc. works. I see my folders in my account and I go to the Dropbox Photo folder. Opening any picture in DBMC gave me a black screen.

Reading the kodi.log file, the error (missing control 32 / progressbar) is pointing me to skin problems. So I change the skin from the OSMC skin to the default-skin (Confluence), and guess what, DBMC is working now.

Probably means some skin elements DBMC is relying on are missing from the default OSMC skin. Which means it's a "bug" in OSMC and not in DBMC maybe - but I thought I might report back anyway for other people running into this problem as a reference.
Thanks for the detailed information! I already had done some 'special' fixes in DBMC, because the OSMC skin is not complete. So I can add this one as well... Wink
I'll make the change soon.
I Fixed the problem caching photo's in OSMC skin.
The fix is in version 0.9.3
It will be automatically updated in Kodi (helix) soon.
Hi,

I have a problem with this addon since I added my wifes Dropbox account to dbmc. It's called "Birgit Stübner-Janik".
Here an excerpt of the log-file:

09:23:57 T:1843539976 NOTICE: plugin.dbmc: DropboxSynchronizer started
09:23:58 T:1843559896 NOTICE: http://tribeca.tvaddons.ag/tools/notifications/news.txt
09:23:58 T:1843559896 NOTICE: ['notifications-on-startup', False, 'DoFromService', True]
09:23:58 T:1843559896 NOTICE: ['OLD', 't', '4', 'It is with great excitement that we bring you the release of the [COLOR white]new and improved\nTVMC custom build of Kodi[/COLOR] for Windows and Mac - with an updated Android\nrelease coming very soon as well.\n\nTVMC is a special version of XBMC that comes with everything preconfigured right out\nof the box, meaning no more time spent manually configuring anything, everything you\nwant is already included from the get go! Please visit the following page for more\ninformation: [COLOR white]www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-release[/COLOR]\n\nPlease take the time to share this special release with as many people as possible, send\nit to your friends, family, coworkers, neighbours, and anyone else you can think of who\nwould enjoy Kodi as much as you do! Thank you again for your continuous support.']
09:23:58 T:1843559896 NOTICE: ['NEW', 't', '4', 'It is with great excitement that we bring you the release of the [COLOR white]new and improved\nTVMC custom build of Kodi[/COLOR] for Windows and Mac - with an updated Android\nrelease coming very soon as well.\n\nTVMC is a special version of XBMC that comes with everything preconfigured right out\nof the box, meaning no more time spent manually configuring anything, everything you\nwant is already included from the get go! Please visit the following page for more\ninformation: [COLOR white]www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-release[/COLOR]\n\nPlease take the time to share this special release with as many people as possible, send\nit to your friends, family, coworkers, neighbours, and anyone else you can think of who\nwould enjoy Kodi as much as you do! Thank you again for your continuous support.']
09:24:07 T:1843539976 ERROR: plugin.dbmc: Failed to load the settings: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position 109: ordinal not in range(128)
09:24:07 T:1843539976 ERROR: plugin.dbmc: DropboxSynchronizer could not connect to dropbox: No token (access code)
09:28:32 T:1854425904 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:30:26 T:1883365896 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:30:31 T:1854371928 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:30:31 T:1883365896 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:30:34 T:1852486304 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:30:34 T:1852486304 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:30:34 T:1852486304 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:30:34 T:1852486304 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/addon.py", line 74, in <module>
current_module.run(params)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 317, in run
browser.buildList()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 102, in buildList
self.add_account(name)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 123, in add_account
listItem = xbmcgui.ListItem(name.encode("utf-8"), iconImage=iconImage, thumbnailImage=iconImage)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
09:30:34 T:1781535904 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.dbmc/?content_type=image
09:30:34 T:1781535904 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.dbmc/?content_type=image) failed
09:30:34 T:1905806664 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:31:24 T:1855190368 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
09:31:24 T:1855190368 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:31:24 T:1855323904 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:31:24 T:1905768808 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ARM
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mali-450 MP
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
09:31:46 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug
09:32:02 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ARM
09:32:02 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mali-450 MP
09:32:02 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
09:32:02 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
09:32:02 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug
09:33:57 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ARM
09:33:57 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mali-450 MP
09:33:57 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
09:33:57 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
09:33:57 T:1781535904 NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug
09:34:48 T:1854579768 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:37:29 T:1805382264 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
09:37:29 T:1805382264 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:37:29 T:1988529920 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:37:38 T:1854630912 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
09:37:38 T:1854630912 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:38:02 T:1855012040 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
09:38:02 T:1855012040 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:38:02 T:1855012040 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:38:03 T:1855012040 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/addon.py", line 74, in <module>
current_module.run(params)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 317, in run
browser.buildList()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 102, in buildList
self.add_account(name)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/browse_account.py", line 123, in add_account
listItem = xbmcgui.ListItem(name.encode("utf-8"), iconImage=iconImage, thumbnailImage=iconImage)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

Is there a chance getting it working?

Tahnk you[/quote]
Hi, I just installed Dropbox 0.9.3 on my Raspberry 2 B, with OpenELEC. I followed the procedure to link the dropbox account (PIN, code generation...) but when i try to complete registration on Raspberry, it isn't successful. in bottom right corner there's an error saying that the script wasn't successful, and nothing more. I tried the whole process about 4-5 times, but I'm hitting a wall...
(2015-05-27, 16:02)chririjan Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem with this addon since I added my wifes Dropbox account to dbmc. It's called "Birgit Stübner-Janik".
Here an excerpt of the log-file:
Is there a chance getting it working?

Tahnk you
[/quote]
I looks like this is a android specific issue with respect to the special character ü... A quick fix would be to change the user account name in Dropbox and try to add the account again. You first need to remove the account folder from the "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.dbmc/" folder, before you can use the addon again.
If this is a Dbmc problem, I don't have the time to fix this right now... Sorry about that.Confused
(2015-06-02, 15:01)DByte Wrote: Hi, I just installed Dropbox 0.9.3 on my Raspberry 2 B, with OpenELEC. I followed the procedure to link the dropbox account (PIN, code generation...) but when i try to complete registration on Raspberry, it isn't successful. in bottom right corner there's an error saying that the script wasn't successful, and nothing more. I tried the whole process about 4-5 times, but I'm hitting a wall...
To get any clue on what the problem would be, I need you to get me some logging data. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.
Thanks.
Hi, thanks for your reply! Blush
I tried another time, and this time association went well! I browsed through my folders... Confused
But when I returned to them from another activity, it didn't work anymore... Sad
When it was the moment to send log files using the add-on, I wasn't able to do it... Again, it was saying the script was failing, even if I put my email address in the config. So, I extracted the microSD, inserted in my PC, and located kodi.log and kodi.log.old.
You can find logs here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76094777/logs.zip
Hope this helps.
Hi everyone,

I tried to install via zip Dbmc on my RPI2 B but i get this message: "plugin.dbmc, Problem getting the access code! HTTPError()"

Is there a chance getting it working doing simple steps? (Im a newbie at this) Tongue
Sad 
(2015-07-20, 17:23)IDrinkWater Wrote: Hi everyone,

I tried to install via zip Dbmc on my RPI2 B but i get this message: "plugin.dbmc, Problem getting the access code! HTTPError()"

Is there a chance getting it working doing simple steps? (Im a newbie at this) Tongue

I am getting the same error. It seems the authorization code website is down
http://xbmc-dropbox.sourceforge.net/
hi
i have dropbox folder with many strm files , can i use this addon to synchronize these files in kodi library ?
thanks a lot
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox addon2