• 19(current)
Release Dropbox addon
Is there any chance for the new version with the fixed urllib3 issue fixed?
Hello!

I haven't had my Amazon Fire Stick for too long, and tonight I decided to give Kodi a try, mostly so I could connect my Dropbox account to my tv. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get xmbc to work - every time I try to launch it I get an "error check log file". I've installed Kodi Log Uploader and enabled debugging. This is the link that was given to me: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23738160/

I've tried searching the forum to see if this issue has come up before and didn't find anything. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help!
looks like an issue with the dropbox addon.

i'll move your question to their support thread.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-01-04, 12:37)ronie Wrote: looks like an issue with the dropbox addon.

Thank you! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Same issue here. I've been a kodi (Jarvis) user on fire tv stick for several moths and everything works well. Tried to install dbmc a couple of days ago and I get the same error when trying to launch DBMC. Version is the latest (0.9.6)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(2017-01-04, 12:40)popkin16 Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 12:37)ronie Wrote: looks like an issue with the dropbox addon.

Thank you! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Look at this post #249 or #251
(2017-01-07, 17:10)ed_davidson Wrote: Look at this post #249 or #251

You're the best. Thanks
Question - if you delete files from your dropbox synchronization folders, do they also delete from your kodi? I just had my whole addons folder emptied while the userdata and addon_data folders remained intact. I simply want to use this to add files to friends machines without the need to go there. (I had everything backed up and this was a test machine so no worries about loss)
No, the dropbox Addon has nothing to do with your Kodi folder. It should just be an addon to download files to KODI. I think you'll have to explain more about what you are trying to do.
Installed the 0.9.3 version and i can start it now.
But now i get an HTTP-Error when adding an account.

11:24:59.520 T:11056 ERROR: plugin.dbmc: Failed to get the PIN/accesscode: HTTPError()

can anybody help?
Hi guys. Got this working on Openelec just fine. But I have some machines that are not openelec that I was to sync files from dropbox using the universal paths (special://)

I set up the synchronization using the special paths.When I start up kodi/Openelec it says it synchronized successfully but no files are written onto the device storage. It works using absolute paths however and actually writes the files. Is there a way to get it working with the universal paths that start with special:// thanks!!
Is this thread dead??
It does seem the dev has not commented or fixed anything since his latest version didn't work.
(2017-02-20, 17:05)ed_davidson Wrote: It does seem the dev has not commented or fixed anything since his latest version didn't work.

That's a shame. I have mine working fine but only if I use absolute paths for the files like in openelec /storage/.kodi/addons/ etc

Only special:// does not work and I want it to because I want all my machines to get anything I add including osmc, windows, etc
(2017-02-20, 17:05)ed_davidson Wrote: It does seem the dev has not commented or fixed anything since his latest version didn't work.
That's right. Unfortunately I'm very busy at the moment... By the way: the latest version of the addon works just fine! Wink I'm still using it on OSMC. It seems like this is a Openelec issue only..?
The latest version uses the urllib3, that is because that is used by the latest Dropbox library. And according to dropbox the addon couldn't connect to dropbox anymore if I didn't use their latest library version. Since there are no complaints yet with the version you created, it is not completely true what dropbox said... Undecided However, if you want to help with the development of the addon, please let me know. I'll give you access to the source code and so on... Dropbox announced a new required API change. That still needs to be implemented in the addon. And they again mentioned to cut off addons that compliant...

(2017-02-20, 18:17)mattmartinolc Wrote: That's a shame. I have mine working fine but only if I use absolute paths for the files like in openelec /storage/.kodi/addons/ etc
Only special:// does not work and I want it to because I want all my machines to get anything I add including osmc, windows, etc
I'm not exactly sure what you mean with the special://. Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem step by step? Thanks.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox addon2