Another build help thread...
Hey everyone I just started looking into building my own HTPC and there's so much info here it can be a little overwhelming. I think I have a good setup here but I just wanted to check before pulling the trigger.

Here's a link to my setup please let me know what you think:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TE0991/saved/1Tby

I pretty much want the full XBMC experience. Full 1080p, streaming from remote server, Netflix, 3d, skins, the whole 9 yards. Will this setup do everything I want? I want to keep it under $400 at least, under $300 would be ideal but probably not possible to squeeze out everything I want.

Thank you all in advance.
Where is your graphics card?
I was just gonna use the integrated HDMI. I was looking at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166631 and they just use the integrated graphics and say it'll do everything.
Oh boy. Might read up more on CPUs and their integrated graphics.

The CPU in your build isn't the i3-3225 you reference in that thread. It's an AMD CPU with no built in graphics. Your motherboard may have on-board graphics but they will not do what you want. Not all integrated graphics are the same.

So, you can switch your CPU to i3-3225 and to a 1155 motherboard... then you will be fine.
Ahhhh I see. Ok well that's why I asked before I bought haha. Thank you very much. I guess I'll stick to the Intel build then.
or better yet switch to a i3-4330/40 and a 1150 H87 mobo for the little xtra u might pay u get better onboard gfx
+1 on i3-4330.
Only because the link is no longer valid,..and I'm an inquisitive kind of guy,...what was the AMD CPU you had originally chosen?
For the same amount of money you'd spend on an Intel i3 you could get your favorite AMD processor and a discrete Nvidia GPU. Best of both worlds.
(2013-09-06, 22:26)negge Wrote: For the same amount of money you'd spend on an Intel i3 you could get your favorite AMD processor and a discrete Nvidia GPU. Best of both worlds.

That's where I was going too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another build help thread...0