Req Sidecar audio
It would be great to add support for an audio file alongside a video file. The problem I am having is that a lot of my video is encoded with DTS. My one xbmc box can play it just fine because it supports DTS (and ac3) audio out. My raspberry pi box doesn't support passthrough for DTS and only pcm. My only option is to do something fancy.

If I can make xbmc read a stereo 2 channel aac or mpeg audio file, similar to how subtitles work, it would be a start to be able to get it to work on slower hardware, like the pi.
well, you can also mux a second audio stream into your movies or simply wait for this PR to be merged Smile
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2562

Also XBMC should be able to transcode DTS to PCM (at least XBMC Gotham will be able AFAIK) - not sure if the PI can handle this though.
not an option for the pi due to missing multichannel pcm support iirc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-09-09, 03:30)wiz561 Wrote: It would be great to add support for an audio file alongside a video file. The problem I am having is that a lot of my video is encoded with DTS. My one xbmc box can play it just fine because it supports DTS (and ac3) audio out. My raspberry pi box doesn't support passthrough for DTS and only pcm. My only option is to do something fancy.

If I can make xbmc read a stereo 2 channel aac or mpeg audio file, similar to how subtitles work, it would be a start to be able to get it to work on slower hardware, like the pi.

The Pi can passthrough DTS (and AC3). Perhaps you need to investigate why that's not working?

Recent builds (e.g. OpenELEC 3.1.7) also have little problem decoding DTS in software.
I might have to investigate the PR da-anda posted. Maybe I can look into mux'ing another audio track into the mkv.

The Pi can pass through DTS and AC3, that is true. However, I don't have a receiver in the bedroom and the TV only supports 2 channel PCM.

Thanks for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sidecar audio0