Win Deleting files from XBMC not working
I've looked around but found no similar problem (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172951 is a slightly different issue and don't want to hijack).

I have Frodo (release build) running on Windows 8 on a Asrock mini-pc with an with an i3-3110M. I have a 2TB external harddisk connected through USB.

From the XBMC-gui you can delete files which works 50% of the time. With the other 50% I can try to delete them, but after confirmation nothing happens. No error msg and no delete action.
I have no clue about what could make a difference between files that can be deleted and those that can't.

Files are put in their folder automatically by sickbeard running on the same pc.

Could file permissions on ntfs cause this? Or the usb-connection? Is there a log anywhere where a possibly supressed error message from xbmc is logged?
Did you enable debug logging to see if there's any kind of message in the log to indicate the reason for the file deletion failure?
I tried to, and some stuff appears on screen to indicate that logging is enabled. I then tried to delete two files and that worked ok (naturally).

I then disabled it to view some episodes. The problem is that the issue isn't always reproducable (I tried to copy some files in some folders, but these all delete perfectly).
So I'll have to wait until another one doesn't want to be deleted, then enable the logging again and retry with logging enabled.
Exactly the same problem here. it's been like that as long as i can remember. i'm in gotham beta 2 now, and it still happens. deleting does absolutely nothing.
Check if the file u want to delete have R attributes - read only. If i understand it right xbmc cannot delete read only files.
There is explanation about file attributes .
It's works for me Wink
As SerDJ said, please check if these files are read-only. It's logical that XBMC won't delete them, that's what that flag is for.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
no they are not read only. In fact, when I alt-tab to Total commander and look them up I can delete them, no questions asked.
I've got the exact same problem. I've went as far as adding EVERYONE, FULL CONTROL and still getting the same results.

I do not recall this happening in Frodo
Deleting has NEVER worked for me in XBMC.- Don't disappear from XBMC library either - nada! nothing happens!
Not a read only issue. (Files can be removed easily as normal via Windows explorer etc. Sad
Same here. Frustrating since everything else in the new version of Kodi has been fairly flawless. I tell it to Delete (From Library and then Delete File). It confirms, and then SOMETIMES actually deletes the file, but most of the time it doesn't. I have a MONSTROUS video library, so this is a REAL P.I.A. I can go through the file list in Win Explorer, but I can't always remember all the stuff that needs deleted based on file name alone (fan art, synopsis, cover art are missing). BTW this is Windows 7 Premier Home edition and Kodi 15.1 Final Isengard. I did NOT see mention of a fix for this on the 15.2 release. :-(
{PS despite all my bitchin' THANKS TO ALL who contribute to this project... it seriously ROCKS}

Xydor66
Weird, i have never had an issue deleting files from within Kodi.
If these are true:
- correct file / share permissions
- option to delete files set to enabled in Kodi

...then it could be that some other prog. is accessing the file(s) at the moment of deletion.

I would check open file status and logs to resolve.
Thanks for the suggestion Atreyu,
But no, checked all that too.

gb
I have the same problem. I am using windows 10 and Kodi 16.1.
Very annoying.
(2015-10-15, 09:06)geoffree Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion Atreyu,
But no, checked all that too.

gb

Just to be sure: you did check both file AND share permissions?
Lately, i had a look at someones setup, and they had the share permissions set on 'read only' for everyone.

If so, i am out of suggestions, except to enable debuggin and post the log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting files from XBMC not working0