Asus P8H77-i Cooler advise please.
Trying to find a really nice cooler for the Asus P8H77-I in an SG08 case. What I have found with this motherboard is that the components on the back side of the board block the use of pretty much any back plate. I have seen some guys use the Gemini S524 without the back plate and have had no issues doing this. That is about the only cooler I think I can use and still have use of the PCI-E slot. The socket on this board is very close to the PCI-E slot. I almost wish I had gotten the P8Z77-i but I didn't need any of the extra functions it has and it was 60$ more! Thx for any input on a good cooler!
what about the Prolimatech Samuel 17?
That is a good cooler but it doesn't perform near as well as the Geminii S524 in the reviews I have read. From what I am seeing it doesn't even perform as well as the Vortex Plus. I don't need it to be low profile. I managed to get hte cooler mounted just fine without hte back plate. I used some of the paper type washers that used to come with cases to isolate the mobo from the mounting risers. it worked perfect and it doesn't seem to be warping the motherboard in any way. I think this being such a small board seems to make it more rigid. So hopefully it all works out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus P8H77-i Cooler advise please.0