New tv/7.1 audio any way to salvage my htpc?
I have a zotac atom 330(1.6 dual core) with nvidia ion/nvidia GeForce 9400m. My old tv was 1080i so all my videos are encoded at 720p 5.1 new tv is 55" 1080p 3d with onkyo 7.1 receiver. I started encoding my movies at 1080p with HD 7.1 audio and the files are around 11gb. They are so choppy it's unwatchable. Switched from win7 to xbmcbuntu on ssd and no diff at all. The mother board has x1 pci express and a mini PCIe. Could I get a gfx card for the pci x1 slot and get 1080p with HD audio pass through or do I need to start over with new htpc?

Downloaded a couple videos to make sure it's not my encoder and same results. Just not powerful enough to pull off 1080p with HD audio.
Yes it is powerful enough but the ION 330 can't do bitstream audio. You should disable all the HD audio formats under audio settings and full HD (1080p) video should run smooth on your system.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
So no HD audio. Guess I will wait till xbox one comes out and see what media it will play from my nas server. Sound makes the movie in my opinion. Maybe I'll try to encode them differently with just dd5.1
If you're keeping the HD audio (DTS Master Audio / Dolby True-HD) it already has the "core" (DTS5.1/DD5.1) soundtrack in it. Most any decent software player will be able to play the core track based on your software audio settings. There's no need to re-encode. If the internal XBMC player doesn't do what you need you can launch an external player that will.
Ok thanks. I will give it a try tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New tv/7.1 audio any way to salvage my htpc?0